quick time-plz help!!!!

motormtb

Likes Dirt
I am having trouble playing all quick time files in phat vids,i do have quick time downloaded on my computer but it keeps telling me i don't have a codec (whatever that is).I can get sound but no picture.
No computer talk,i am stupid.

motormtb

Likes Dirt
Not sure what version it is,at least a few years old,will ask my boss as it is on work computer.Thanks for your help jordan.

|Matt|

Banned
I'll upload my version of Quicktime Pro 7 which I aquired legally
Edited by Rik: NO YOU WON'T.

Last edited by a moderator:

tu plang

knob
...theres no difference between the actual files for QT and QT pro. Entering a Pro serial number just unlocks the pro features.

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...theres no difference between the actual files for QT and QT pro. Entering a Pro serial number just unlocks the pro features.
I wasn't meaning pro vs. non pro version. I was meaning if his one is a few years old (which it is) it won't have some of the codec's that have been released since that was made, which most of the newer videos will use.

So to get those codecs, you could either download them manually if you know which one you need - or get the new quicktime and get a whole bunch of them.

Sorry for the confusion.

tu plang

knob
I wasn't meaning pro vs. non pro version. I was meaning if his one is a few years old (which it is) it won't have some of the codec's that have been released since that was made, which most of the newer videos will use.

So to get those codecs, you could either download them manually if you know which one you need - or get the new quicktime and get a whole bunch of them.

Sorry for the confusion.
yar, i was refering to stpzeroridah's comment. chances are the videos you are having trouble with are divx avi's. get the latest QT and look up the Divx codec also.

Rik

logged out
And if you want software, fucking pay for it... Farkin won't tolerate open discussion about illegal activities.

DHdog

Likes Dirt
I am having trouble playing all quick time files in phat vids,i do have quick time downloaded on my computer but it keeps telling me i don't have a codec (whatever that is).I can get sound but no picture.
No computer talk,i am stupid.
I had the same prob, If you already have QT on your computer you can download the latest (#7) for free.
double click your QT icon, go online and download
legit