R. Callum Photography - NEW

boumba

Likes Dirt
So I finally decided I should stop just using flickr, and make a proper website, the way I want it, for my photography.
As I'm in year 12, I was able to work this into my schooling, and do most of it in class time, BONUS!
I based it around my main camera, a Nikon D300s, as I wanted something original and individual to me, and I think I pulled it off pretty well.

This is my first time using CSS, and my first time in 5 years I've coded anything, so I'm pretty pleased with it.

If anyone has any C&C etc, really looking forward to hearing it, thanks in advance, Callum. ;)

http://www.rcallum.com

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
In the portfolio "Other" and Light Painting" are bloody amazing!
Spent a solid 10 minutes looks through those 60 photos! You have a real future ahead off you with those shots!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
There's some awesome shots in there. I'd love to know what you use for your light painting shots? Are they just glow sticks and fire works? I'd love to give it a try myself.

nvd20l

Likes Bikes
These photos are amazing. Great talent and a great idea. Something very different and it works so well.

boumba

Likes Dirt
Cheers everyone, glad you enjoy them!

@CraigS Most of my work is done using LED torches (many bike lights) and sparklers, but pretty much anything that produces light can be used.

Suburban rider

Likes Dirt
In the portfolio "Other" and Light Painting" are bloody amazing!
Spent a solid 10 minutes looks through those 60 photos! You have a real future ahead off you with those shots!
what he said, i was looking at these in my photography class and my teacher was like wow these shots are really good!!! you definetly have a future in photography, keep up the good work!

jackaroo

Likes Dirt
I think all the photos are great especially 'light painting' and i love the set up of your web page. Great stuff;)

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
If you would like some comments of your site... rather than your photography (which is quite nice)...
Then you need to sort out that positioning of your container div layer. You have used big margins, instead of auto margins, and you've used fixed positioning of your background image instead of %.
So the issue is that your "camera back" never really sits in the right spot.

Perhaps try the following (all care no responsibility)

Code:
change twoColFixLt.css line 2
background-position: 50% 30px
Which will center the background image but move it down a little

line 43 .container
Change width to 1024px to match the background image
change all margins and replace with margin:110px auto 0

line 70 .content
remove width
change float to "left"
remove margin-right
introduce a margin-left of 43px

j-rouch

Squid
WOW ! impressive stuff there. I agree with everyone i think you will have a fine career in any kind of photograhy and maybe even do some work with 'moving pictures' :p good job and good luck for the future we will probably all be seeing your work on mag covers soon enough