[R]evolution Vid?

red_dog

Likes Dirt
[R]evolution mag is possibly one of the best Australian related DH/Free-ride/DJ mags.
It comes out in more reliable fashion than Clict, however the latter has a(3 I beleive) movie(s) accredited to its name.
Can we ever expect to see a [R]evolution inspired DVD??
I'd sign up now to purchase a DVD if its any conselation, as too would many I beleive.

Also if its any benefit I'd be glad to at least volenteer/issue my services to accommodate organising a Tasmanian contingent section (not as a rider..) If the creater/producers are ever keen

food for thought

slamer

Likes Dirt
I think thats a great idea, the photography in [R] is insane, far better (IMO) than some other mtb magazines and i would very much like to see some videography by them. AMB usually has more useful topics like bike reviews etc BUT [R]evolution is much more entertaining and makes me love bikes even more with every issue. The mag seems to be more about the riding and life style and always reminds me the collective videos. a feature film by [R] would defiantly have my support if the attitude towards the film is the same as in the magazines and all Australian :).

[R]evolution Mag

[R]evolution
Hey guys, just noticed this thread and thought I'd drop in. At this stage we don't have any firm plans to produce a DVD for the cover of the mag or as an entirety of it's own. You may be aware that we have sister magazine, 2020BMX, (they hate it when I refer to them as 'sister') and they're created a few DVD's in house for their covers over the years. So we've got the know-how and resources to do it, but for the time being we're just solely focusing on building up [R]evo. Constantly searching out all 4 corners and creating the very best content for each issue that we can. Growing in pages and format and bringing the mag out more often. But most importantly for us is to make sure that each new issue is a set up and better in every way over the issue sitting on the shelves before it. Thanks for your surgestions and kind words. We're all about listening to what you guys have to say and shaping the mag (and who knows what other side porjects down the track) around what you're asking for. If ever you have an idea for the mag, or some feedback or you'd like to become involved yourself with [R]evolution in some way, we'd be stoked to hear from you. Boost us a email to:

ride@revolutionmtb.com.au

Cheers.......................................JT

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be happy to film some local pinners if you were interested in putting something together. Click the link in my signature to see some of my work.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[R]evolution Mag;1333177 said:
Hey guys, just noticed this thread and thought I'd drop in. At this stage we don't have any firm plans to produce a DVD for the cover of the mag or as an entirety of it's own. You may be aware that we have sister magazine, 2020BMX, (they hate it when I refer to them as 'sister') and they're created a few DVD's in house for their covers over the years. So we've got the know-how and resources to do it, but for the time being we're just solely focusing on building up [R]evo. Constantly searching out all 4 corners and creating the very best content for each issue that we can. Growing in pages and format and bringing the mag out more often. But most importantly for us is to make sure that each new issue is a set up and better in every way over the issue sitting on the shelves before it. Thanks for your surgestions and kind words. We're all about listening to what you guys have to say and shaping the mag (and who knows what other side porjects down the track) around what you're asking for. If ever you have an idea for the mag, or some feedback or you'd like to become involved yourself with [R]evolution in some way, we'd be stoked to hear from you. Boost us a email to:

ride@revolutionmtb.com.au

Cheers.......................................JT

well that cleared things up, if revo ever released a DVD i know id line up the night before to get it. Im sure there are tonnes of really good film ametuer film producers on here who would be pumped to get to show off some of there skills in a propper DVD.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
this isnt video related, but the latest cover is probably the weakest ive seen on a mountain bike magazine.
a two foot high bunnyhop to fakie?!?
your readers deserve more than that.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He's not talking about the quality of the photo but quality of the content. You usually have to do something pretty big/good to make it onto the cover of a magazine and to put that on a cover is pretty lame.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Dude it's an awesome shot
considering where that spot it, it really is a garbage photo. it may be crisp, but there is so much more there to work with. why have a close up of some guy on a shallow 'bank' (i use that term very loosely) when the whole roof that he is riding can be used much more effectively to create a better atmosphere and more 'wowness'.
even the beach that is behind the roof, or the sunset that you get over the bay could have been an awesome back drop.
OR the hop to fakie could have been done the bigger and steeper 'bank' that is right behind him.

as was said above me, for a shot to be on the cover of a national publication, you would think it was be a better photo and most definitely a better trick.

its no wonder that 'street mountain biking' in australia isnt progressing when the 'inspiration' that is being presented could be duplicated by every second kid in a skatepark.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i recon the video idea sounds good!

as for th latest cover, i think it looks great, if we are arguing about it been easy, notice there have been a few covers wiht people doing drifts, whips ect... easyest things in the book, they are still cool!