Race Face Ambush Elbow pads: any good?

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

I've been using ixs carve elbow pads which have been great except the evo foam in one has broken in half and I can't find a size large anywhere close to the $89 CRC usually sell them for. Crc are ouy of stock.

I'm looking at the RF Ambush and was interested in others opinions on them. Is the fit as per the size charts or do they fit smaller or larger? How is the fit in general? Anything else?

Cheers
C

Terminal

Likes Bikes
Yep. Bought a set of knee and elbow ambush pads a few months ago and can recommend. I can't remember what I was wearing before these though as the reason for replacement was that I lost them.

They run pretty small in sizing, if you're a large in others you might find you're an XL in Race Face.

I was disappointed at first as they felt uncomfortable out of the box, but they do bed in once you remove the giant tag and wear them a bit. The D30 material seems to become more supple once its warm.

Have yet to crash in them so can't comment there, but they feel pretty sturdy.

The knee pads I find rub a little if they're not adjusted perfectly, but you can take them off and on without taking your shoes off which is pretty handy.