rain jackets

shakes

Likes Dirt
So the year I've decided I'm going to be an all weather rider, Commuter, weekends everything. So I need a jacket that isn't going to cook me, will keep me dry inside and out, and still fold up pretty small and wont break the bank.

Have a budget of around $200 plus or minus a bit depending on if the jacket is worth it or not.

My local shop has the Netti D3 which looks the goods. and basically what I'm after. Are these worth the coin or is there other things I should be looking at?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Only advice I can give is don't try it on in the shop standing up and think "ooh, nice" and slap down your hard earned.
Ask the staff if you can go for a spin around the block in it.
Try riding hunched forward, bent arms, straight arms, standing up, all positions because you may find the netti fits great standing up but as soon as you lean forward it creeps up your back, or the wrists end up half way up your forearms leaving your wrists exposed and cold.

However, I have long arms, which is why I can't buy netti, so each to his own.

I loved my morphis (cannondale) until it got nicked off the clothesline when I lived in the Gong (f*cking clothes stealing junkies).

They are light and warm and comfy. Can't remember how much I paid for it.
The marketing guys say they are waterproof, but really only good for a light rain or shortish dash in heavy rain. Long journeys of two hours in big rain and you'll still get soaked.
However, they are very wind proof and you don't overheat and get sweaty in them.
I'd love to get another one... (reminisce face)...

LabRat

Likes Dirt
I have the cannondale morphis shell, and it's awesome.. but I find I cook as it's not very breathable.

I just got a new jacket: The Pearl Izumi Elite barrier Jacket and it's sooooo much better.
It's extremely lightweight, is windproof, waterproof and breathable.
I don't know how pearl izumi got everything so right in this jacket, and it's cheap too.
Get it from your LBS if they have it, otherwise $70 is all you need :)

http://www.probikekit.com/au/clothi...arl-izumi-elite-barrier-cycling-jacket-1.html

wicksey

Likes Bikes
I have the cannondale morphis shell, and it's awesome.. but I find I cook as it's not very breathable.

I just got a new jacket: The Pearl Izumi Elite barrier Jacket and it's sooooo much better.
It's extremely lightweight, is windproof, waterproof and breathable.
I don't know how pearl izumi got everything so right in this jacket, and it's cheap too.
Get it from your LBS if they have it, otherwise $70 is all you need :)

http://www.probikekit.com/au/clothi...arl-izumi-elite-barrier-cycling-jacket-1.html
Even cheaper now, I paid $54 delivered using the coupon PBK10. Looks like an awesome jacket.