Raised reverse stem

cammas

Seamstress
Just watched this last night interesting concept, maybe that’s why I find my Jones risers handling so well in trails where it just shouldn’t.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Would definitely like to try one. Stack heights definitely need to be made taller. Can only run so many spacers.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I think to ride it a bike with a decent sized reach would be needed. Is it just highlighting that stacks are too low in general?

My Madonna had a decent stack and combined with my riser bars was taller than everything I’d ever ridden and it went well. Took a little time to adjust to it but I can’t recall a single negative about the height.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Aesthetics are weird but hey I also have a fat bike and a lefty so what do I know. Looks to me like it is compensating for a geometry which has too much reach for those who find it works. I went from 70+mm stems to 35mm stems when the reach increased. I can see the merit of having the bars directly over the steering axis but lifting it so high is again compensating for bars being too low with that particular geometry. With this set up the centre of mass of the bike and rider is pushed back which makes climbing all the more difficult. I get that it could feel better on a descent but for climbing unless you are running way too long a bike anyway it will be less useful having your weight further back. As Captain Slowly said, this is a solution for a problem that should never have existed.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
i used to have one of those 0 degree round Azonic stems and really liked it but did look kinda funny. Sold with bike (San Andreas mountain cycle...remember them?) years ago and haven't seen another since.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
San Andreas mountain cycle...remember them?
Yeah different but futuristically different with a bit of San Andreas Mountain Cycle retro thrown in.

maxresdefault.jpg