RC4 Setup - Whats yours?

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
He just doing a bit of info gathering all help is appreciated.

Would you guys please be able to list your:

Spring Weight:
Rider Weight:
Bike:
Optional, Adjustment Settings:

Thanks!
EDIT / NOTE: I am not after suspension setup tips etc, more a information gathering post to see how people run their setup with RC4's.

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
You know you could just ask UDI, pretty sure he has ideal settings for an RC4 for every bike ever made committed to memory.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Not after what's right or wrong more interested to see how riders setup their RC4's in general. Information gathering kind of thing

driftking

Wheel size expert
Everything will vary with bike design and style. I spoke to a fox expert for mine and he gave me a base setting to begin with than tune which is as follows

Bike:commencal supreme DH 2011 (V2)
spring: 250lbs
Shock:2011 none kashima RC4

Starting/base settings

BV pressure 150psi
LSC at -8
HSC at -6
Rebound at -6
BOC -4 (completely open so none)

*all clicks are from the full closed position, so count backwards (negative) clicks.

Current settings are accurate guesses but may be out a little.

BV pressure 170psi
LSC -9
HSC-6
Rebound -6
BOC -4 (again fully open)

I need to re-look at the rear though I'm not 100% happy with it. Im going to test the recommenced starting point again and tune a little more.
If it helps

If you want an approach method
Approach it like this:

1)You want to run zero BOC right? And you want to run a max of say 150 PSI. So start with these settings and don’t change them through the testing of the HSC/LSC.

2)Sort out your rebound setting, and leave it, don’t alter through the testing of the HSC/LSC.

3)LSC get this dialled before playing with the HSC. I’m suggesting -8 as a good starting spot.

- Make sure your bike has fresh tyres on it that work on your test track. This will greatly influence your LSC settings, so you need to rule out “tyre testing”. Likewise your tyre pressure (measure it and record it), if you’re not working with constants here you’re wasting your time.

4)With the above sorted move to HSC, are you reaching full travel? If yes, increase HSC. Is the suspension sinking under you and lacking support? If yes increase HSC.
Are edge impacts too harsh, or is there a lack of compliance? If yes reduce HSC.

5) Are you lacking support but increasing HSC makes edge impacts harsh? If yes increases BV pressure

6)The suspension is compliant on hits and is not blowing through travel or lacking support but feels it bottoms out a little too often, if yes, increase BOC

Last edited:

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Thanks Drift,
Just to Clarify some things I am NOT after suspension setup tips etc. I am just interested in what setup people match to their rc4 shock, a research project almost.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Thanks Drift,
Just to Clarify some things I am NOT after suspension setup tips etc. I am just interested in what setup people match to their rc4 shock, a research project almost.
Yeah no worries. You want me to delete it or just leave it? Also I changed my settings after checking earlier. (Incase that changes your research)