Re-Desighned Hussefelts

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
hey all, well i got an 07 STP1 a couple of months ago and 2 weeks ago i went into my LBS and my mechanic said the cranks(truvativ Hussefelts) had to be replaced because the spline interface was faulty. well i got my bike bak 2day and i was wondering what had actually been changed on the cranks, i know they have been re-desighned but from what i can see the only differences are the "beefed up" spider, the thicker to thinner desighn of the crank arm and the "powered by sram" logo on the side near the pedal insert! does anybody know what was actually wrong witht the the old 07' cranks and what they have actually changed on these "new and improved" models?

Cheers

Regan

Eats Squid
The ISIS spline on some of the crank arms are slightly out of tolerance. They should be a tight fit on the spline and even with a BB extraction tool they should still be fairly tight to remove. The faulty cranks are not tight enough on the spline and can come loose with use.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The ISIS spline on some of the crank arms are slightly out of tolerance. They should be a tight fit on the spline and even with a BB extraction tool they should still be fairly tight to remove. The faulty cranks are not tight enough on the spline and can come loose with use.
yep that was why. but ive got to say props to truvativ for realising their problem and rectifing it before too long, insted of just letting it go and heaps of peoples cranks and bb's getting buggered

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
Is this a problem only with the 2007 model?

My 2006 hussefelt cranks have this exact problem on a new howitzer BB I bought.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i still need to get my bike to a bike shop
does anyone know if i can just drop it at any store? or i have to go to the point of purchase?

finny_447

Likes Dirt
2006 husselfelts should be recalled they are a load of shit. Thats why I have ordered some saint's

Last edited:

hayden taylor

Likes Bikes
stink design

if the 07 cranks are the same as the 06 ones from my experience your gonna have trouble with them always coming loose, every ride i had to tighten mine, got some saints now,i was using them for dirt jumping and i weigh 100kg's so maybe that was the problem too...

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
i still need to get my bike to a bike shop
does anyone know if i can just drop it at any store? or i have to go to the point of purchase?
thanks guys, yeh you do have to take them into the store you purchased the bike from and you have to take your warranty book with you so the shop can mark down that the cranks had already been replaced if u tried to get them done for free again