Re-Instate Mt. Tamborine Downhill Trail Campaign

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done Liam, thanks for that. Good to see that bulldozers don't leave much of a footprint.

Dave
Agreed aye, I love how more effort and destruction to the environment happens when people close tracks. At a local place near myself which was bulldoze about 6 months ago they even left a couple of massive logs burning with no one in attendance. I can understand why they would burn the logs so people don't use them again but the fire was close enough to the grass and other trees that a gust of wind would have sent the whole place up in flames.

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
sorry to be a little negative but i really dont see this being opened again......

its a real shame

have heard whispers of people still riding it but after the pics above i think thats not going to happen anymore

tumble

Likes Dirt
sorry to be a little negative but i really dont see this being opened again......

its a real shame

have heard whispers of people still riding it but after the pics above i think thats not going to happen anymore
Don't be sorry & don't be negative.

J

JaRedy

What has happened?
Can anybody provide an overall summary of the process/the results so far?

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Jumping through the hoops

We are working our way up the chain of command - unfortunately this is how the process works.

The track is closed, signposted, gated and we are trying to get a favourable result for us all. But it isn't a fast process - we're dealing with government and decisions have been made that do not include us. It's like unscrambling an egg at this stage.

So in the meantime cherish the tracks we do have, treat the locals well, drive and shuttle sensibly, thank and help the Trail Lords and when called upon to help with this, make it a priority - be there!

Dave

J

JaRedy

Ok then, it's good to hear that things are still happening. At this current point in time, are there any ways that members on this forum can be of any help in the process?

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Stopped and had a look at the track a couple of weeks ago. Overgrown. No signs of any riding in there at all.

Anyone got any updates on progress with Council/Government?

Deadman

Likes Dirt
I know 2 things, they are my personal conclusions -

1. Once land has been made a National Park, it is preserved and conserved and only very limited use is allowed. So when they say NO, it is absolute. By saying NO it makes the land easier to manage - just let it grow wild and keep some of the weeds out, if they get around to it and have the resources.

2. People are still trying to get something going somewhere

Dave