Really, another Nomad? Yawn

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sold the Mach 6 and picked up this frame. Only second ride in, but so far loving it!

Frame- Large
Fork- Pike 160
Shock- DHX2 with 350 spring
Bottom Bracket- Sram
Rims- Light Bicycle 38mm hookless with 12k weave matte finish (just found a crack in the front)
Hubs- DT Swiss 350 straight pull, rear with XD driver
Spokes- Sapim cx-ray
Brakes- Saint M820
Rotors- 203mm front, 180mm rear, centerlock ice tech
Cranks- Sram X01, 170mm
Chain guide- Shovel Carbon
Cassette- Sram X1
Rear derailler- Sram XO1
Shifter- Sram XX1 with Problem solver adapter to fit Shimano Saint lever.
Chain- KMC 11SL Black
Headset- Hope
Stem- Enve 55mm
Handlebars- Enve 800mm DH
Seat post- KS 150
Seat- Bel Air
Grips- ODI
Tires- XC/Trail riding DHR 2.3 and Minion SS 2.3, for gravity riding DHR 2.5WT and HRII.
Pedals- Xpedo Spry Flats w/ grub screws

attachment.jpg
How it started

IMG_3512.jpg
As it is now

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

Dirty pics best pics!!!
Now just take them in focus!

Solid looking bike though, that Cyan and Magenta really pops, one of the best colourways ever seen on a bike.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dirty pics best pics!!!
Now just take them in focus!

Solid looking bike though, that Cyan and Magenta really pops, one of the best colourways ever seen on a bike.
Haha, it is in focus, when i resized it to fit properly it went whack.

I'll try it again ;)

Glad I got the blue in the end, I originally wanted the black for some reason. Got some Enve rims decals *ducks punches* and crank stickers on the way to finish it off.

Z

Zaf

Glad I got the blue in the end, I originally wanted the black for some reason. Got some Enve rims decals *ducks punches* and crank stickers on the way to finish it off.
I'll get the angry mob together at once.
I've got Light Bicycles 38mm on my Stumpy and they're wicked wheels, don't ruin them by pretending they're something they're not.
Get some of the new LB decals, they look pretty and you wouldn't have to wake up each morning and stare at a liar in the mirror. :D

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll get the angry mob together at once.
I've got Light Bicycles 38mm on my Stumpy and they're wicked wheels, don't ruin them by pretending they're something they're not.
Get some of the new LB decals, they look pretty and you wouldn't have to wake up each morning and stare at a liar in the mirror. :D

Saw those, wasn't blown away and just took the easy route with Enve decals.

My whole life is a lie, one more on top want hurt haha.

Just found a crack in my front rim but. I'm only light at 75kgs and don't really ride very hard so I'm a bit miffed as to what has happened.

Z

Zaf

I think your rim heard you bought ENVE stickers for it and did the right thing!

But all jokes aside, that sucks. Get onto LB about it, I've heard good things about them sending replacements out. Got a photo of the crack? How long have you had the wheels?

EDIT: Just saw the photo's in the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think your rim heard you bought ENVE stickers for it and did the right thing!

But all jokes aside, that sucks. Get onto LB about it, I've heard good things about them sending replacements out. Got a photo of the crack? How long have you had the wheels?
I posted a pic on the LB thread. Had them about 6-7 months I think.

Haha, they couldn't handle the ensuing fakeness

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3 rides on the weekend, this thing is growing on me fast. A token out of the pike and a little less tire pressure made a big difference.
Not sure whether to just keep the Vivid air on or give the CC Inline a go. Got the Mont 24hr this weekend, going to be about 65mm too much travel, but should at least be wicked fun!

Also, I'm loving the Minion SS rear, way more grip then I expected!

Attachments

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Nice! How do you find the 800 bars for XC/trail riding? I'm about to go from a bike with 685mm bars to a bike with a 780mm bar and I'm concerned they'll be a tad wide for the tight stuff. I imagine 800mm would be tricky to navigate with on tight single track.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Immediately go and put on the heaviest dual plys you can lay your hands on, a coil shock and balance all that out with 580mm bars.
I'll let you know how your modification suggestion goes! Haha

My favorite colour out of all of them!
Yeah, it's awesome, can't believe I wanted the black originally! Dunno what I was thinking.

Nice! How do you find the 800 bars for XC/trail riding? I'm about to go from a bike with 685mm bars to a bike with a 780mm bar and I'm concerned they'll be a tad wide for the tight stuff. I imagine 800mm would be tricky to navigate with on tight single track.
I'm coming off 735 bars. I thought 800 was stupid wide and I'd never want it. Now I'm used to it I don't know if I'd go back! I'm still getting used to the width so am tentative in high speed stuff with trees close by, but I'm getting more confident each ride. I hopped on my mates bike with 760mm and was shocked how narrow they felt, funny how you can get used to something so quick.

I don't know what to do shock wise. I've got a Vivid that I've been running, seems awesome but haven't tried anything else to compare it to. I also have a CC Inline shock, I wonder how much (if any) descending performance the CC will loose over the Vivid?
And people on MTBR have been raving about running coil shocks on this bike. Should I sell both shocks and fund a DHX2? Or go stupid and get a 11/6? And by stupid I mean probably become a male hooker to help pay for it stupid.

Last edited:

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
i have 790's on my nomad and love it. you can always moce your grips inboard and experiment i guess :)

the magenta looks killer mate!
wondering though, do you end up swapping between the 2.3 maxxis tyres and the 2.5's often? i built mine with the doubledown DH tyres, wondering if some exo single plys will be reliable enough.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Solid build , looks wicked . very capable bike
Thanks :) Its nice to be back on a SC after I sold your old V10 :(

the magenta looks killer mate!
wondering though, do you end up swapping between the 2.3 maxxis tyres and the 2.5's often? i built mine with the doubledown DH tyres, wondering if some exo single plys will be reliable enough.

I've only just put the 2.3 on as of last week in readiness for this weekends Mont 24hr. I can only see myself switching for the wider tire when I go to Thredbo, I've found the 2.3 does just fine around my local trails.
I'll also switch out the SS for Thredbo, can't see it doing to well braking down step rocks etc, a HRII or DHR will go on for that.

As for as single ply goes, I'm pretty light (75kgs) and not a massively aggressive/skilled rider so I dont go smashing into rock gardens etc as such I've never damaged a tire and have found the EXO just fine.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
I'm slightly heavier than you at 80kg, but tend to ride fairly aggressively. My old EXO minions did really well, but rolled around and pinched super often (on 20mm internal rims though). Hopefully tubeless on wide rims solves that issue. I might as well give them a go, it'll save an entire kilo.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm slightly heavier than you at 80kg, but tend to ride fairly aggressively. My old EXO minions did really well, but rolled around and pinched super often (on 20mm internal rims though). Hopefully tubeless on wide rims solves that issue. I might as well give them a go, it'll save an entire kilo.
Yeah, give em a go I reckon. That a lot of extra weight to be carrying around you may not have to.

Keep us posted on how you go :)

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Yeah, give em a go I reckon. That a lot of extra weight to be carrying around you may not have to.

Keep us posted on how you go :)
Will do! Planning on a buller trip this weekend, so I'll throw them on for that and see how they go. Hopefully they're alright....