Rear derailleurs

ademb

Likes Dirt
Guys quick question because i obviously can't contact tbsm tonight.

After destroying my previous derailleur about 2 months back i got a shimano shadow SLX fitted on my bike.Then today I managed to destroy that one after having a branch flick up where it smashed it into my spokes.

Does anyone know if just parts are available for it, or do i need to buy a new derailleur :(

sprocket

Likes Dirt
some parts can be purchased depending on whats needed..

outer and inner plates, jockey wheels and set screws can be replaced but the main body i think can not.. the other big IF is if shimano has them in stock, i'd also imagine that they will be closing for a few days aover xmas so get ya chops on ASAP about parts tomorrow

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably a stupid question, but are you sure it's not just the hanger?

They can look pretty messed up if it's attached to a mangled hanger.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yeah I thought i had broken my derailleur once, but it was just the hanger, was bent. Still exciting night, no phone, bike couldn't roll, pitch black by the time I got out. Tops night.

ademb

Likes Dirt
not knowing the proper name for it, its the section that actually hangs below the main mechanism, the part that holds the chain ie the two little wheels etc etc.

Krank Bikes

www.krankbikes.com.au
not knowing the proper name for it, its the section that actually hangs below the main mechanism, the part that holds the chain ie the two little wheels etc etc.
Sounds like the cage, they are available separately and shimano has them in stock.