Rear disc rotor alignment issues?

droctagon

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
Today i had my badly worn out hub serviced for one last attempt at extending its sorry old life a little longer. After putting the wheel back onto my bike, i've noticed that the alignment of the disc rotor seems to have moved a few mm, causing it to rub against the caliper. Even with the pads removed(to check the alignment) the rotor scrapes the housing of the caliper-enough to grind the disc.
Is there a simple solution? is it adjustable somehow without removing the cassette etc. or do i need to remove the cassette and re-align the hub internals?
any help would be great.
extra details: the rotor has moved outwards from the hub about 2-3 mm
its a norco hub, standard (not sealed cartridge) on a 135mm, QR skewer.
juicy 3 7" rotor.
ps. i have no access to the required cone spanners/ chain whip/ cassette tool until next week.

Suburban rider

Likes Dirt
put the pads in, loosen the bolts mount to the disc adapter so the whole lot riggles, brake, the hold the brakes and tighten the bolts, which will realign the calliper the the disc, if that dont work i dont know, but thats my 2c

droctagon

Likes Dirt
simple but effective advice!!

Thanks Suburban rider,
Great advice, the simple solution is sometimes overlooked in times of frustration. I did exactly as you suggested, and it worked a treat. Thanks for taking the time to reply, i really appreciate it, as i will now be able to go for a peddle tomorrow without having to stuff around with it first.
I had never had the issue before, so had no idea what was going on, but now i have a much better understanding of the disc brake mount!
Thanks