Rear hub

Chucker_boi

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys..
Im wanting to buy a new rear hub for my DJ/Street bike and i want the rear hub to be noisy, and i don't know what i am looking for when i go to a shop or anything...

Also can i just use a BMX rear hub??

Any help would be appreciated

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
Depending on the frame, but generally you cant use a bmx hub on a MTB. Some good hubs that are worth the money are Hope hubs, Da bomb but there are plenty of options around and just about everyone will have deferent opinions. I would go a hope, or Chris King if i had the money.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Very few MTB style frames will run a BMX hub due to the different axle spacing and sizing.

The Dartmoor K-drive (formerly K-force) has been running well it seems: but I'll the riders comment on its "loud" sound factor as I haven't personally ridden on them for a great deal of time.

http://www.fearlesscycles.com.au/dmhubs.html

pascal

Likes Dirt
Im running a Halo DJD hub, its fairly noisy.. well it seems noisy until you hear my mates hub on his bmx atleast :p

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
As Rick said the K-Drive.
I haven't gotten mine yet but they look nice and if you get one you will be as cool as me =)

Todd

P.S. and they come in a monza of colours

| D | M | R |

Likes Dirt
im running a hope pro II and thats sooooooo smooth, oh and its for sale because i no longer ride :)

its also reasonably loud :)

Chucker_boi

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys...

Still need some more ideas... if possible can you tell me if you can buy them from Australia... i am looking for LOUD HUBS.... Some names will help i can research them

thanks guys

CGR

Likes Dirt
Last Zakk rear hub; about on par with most bmx hubs for noise, comes with a trick gold driver and mine hasn't slipped once.

pretty pricey from Aus tho; about $300 i believe and i think they may be a little on the heavy side.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;LG_97-QfRRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_97-QfRRQ[/video]

jkbhjg yt09yhl