Rear Wheel - Advice

user name

Likes Dirt
So i picked up a rough rigid mongoose hardtail today too keep me busy building somthing. Anyway the rear wheel is rooted, about 7 spokes are broken at the J-hook and the rim is well and truly flat-spotted in multiple places(single wall of course)... the hub seems ok.

So the advice i require is;
- Should i purchase a wheel only and have a crack at lacing it up? if so how much and whats a suitable replacemnt, must be rim braked (im on the havier side of riders @105kg)?
- Or should i buy a complete wheel? how much etc and where, torpedo7, cycling express and cell have nothing....?

All recomentations considered although the cheaper the better!!

Cheers!

redbruce

Eats Squid
So i picked up a rough rigid mongoose hardtail today too keep me busy building somthing. Anyway the rear wheel is rooted, about 7 spokes are broken at the J-hook and the rim is well and truly flat-spotted in multiple places(single wall of course)... the hub seems ok.

So the advice i require is;
- Should i purchase a wheel only and have a crack at lacing it up? if so how much and whats a suitable replacemnt, must be rim braked (im on the havier side of riders @105kg)?
- Or should i buy a complete wheel? how much etc and where, torpedo7, cycling express and cell have nothing....?

All recomentations considered although the cheaper the better!!

Cheers!
Checkout Ebay. Rim brake wheels go cheap.