Rear Wheel for a 29"

Hi Everyone,

Fairly new to this site and looked around a little bit but didn't see any threads come up, but I'm looking for suggestions regarding a rear rim for my bike.

I'm after a 29" rim, has to handle a bit of the rough stuff. Currently have been looking at the Hope Enduro range but was wondering if anyone has any experience with any others.

I've seen Easton at reasonable prices however I've seen around the net that they may not be the most reliable.

Regards,

ClintC

Likes Dirt
What rim are you currently running on the front and what is your budget? I personally wouldn't go too big of a internal width difference front and rear.

I've put about 1000kms on Stan's Arch MK3 rims and they haven't missed a beat. They are a good compromise in weight at 453g each and sporting a 26mm internal width they can handle a nice range of tyre widths. I'm coming from Carbon (Giant) rims and I don't feel any difference in stiffness.

wheel

On the front I'm using a Hope Tech Enduro - Pro 4 MTB 15QRx100, however just deciding on the back at the moment, was going with it's counterpart for the rear wheel, but before i spend about $400 wanted to get other opinions. On the back it's currently just the stock wheel I got with the bike

ClintC

Likes Dirt
On the front I'm using a Hope Tech Enduro - Pro 4 MTB 15QRx100, however just deciding on the back at the moment, was going with it's counterpart for the rear wheel, but before i spend about $400 wanted to get other opinions. On the back it's currently just the stock wheel I got with the bike
If you are happy with your front setup putting the same on the back makes sense. Unless you want to more toward going wider internal?

Still planning on sticking with the same as the front, am happy with setup of the Hope's, just was thinking of alternative brands but so far the general idea has been that Hope's are a solid bet