rear wheels

riderigid

Likes Dirt
what wheels are people running on their DJ bikes? i keep on flatspotting mine and want to know if it is the wheel of me!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don't have any credibility (yet) so I hope this isn't supurfluos info. I have been running Dice EFD's and SMO's on my last two bikes because I'm heavy, unskilled and value momentum over ability. These rims have been awsome, they haven't cracked, flattened or buckled in two years, and I treat them like shit!

I have Mavic something or others on my Chase, and the rear is starting to look a little "rough".

Good luck.

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
go 4 mavic 321's. awsome rim and very hard to break and good quality 4 the price. i think they have changed the name to 729's (dont know though). also the 521's are essentially the 321's but they are harder to flatspot due to the vertical walls. the rrp. is around $130-150.

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
go the mavic 521 or now called the 721, they are hard to flat spot and also very light. and they cost $120 for the ceramic version.

Jordy

RYD4LF
I have been running an efd for ages on the rear and its sooooo solid...i've cased out on some really big jumps and been doing 360 attempts and they have stayed straight as !

Joel333

Likes Bikes
I run Dice SMO, and they are pritty heavy but they are pritty damn strong to. they set me back $180 including spoking so it is pritty cheap for such a strong rim i recomend them.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
his current rim is a 521, and its completely screwed...

if your a bike breaker (which you are) get an SMO. cheaper, heavier and stronger than anything else. almost.

Justin Larkin

Likes Dirt
Back wheels

Year a 24" inch wheel would be a bit stronger cos its smaller, but it depends what rim youv'e got. I use Sun Double Tracks on my DH rig and my P3 and have never buckled them. They only cost $120 each.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Whatever rim you go with, make sure that you get a good tight build, this will make as big a difference to the durability of the wheel as anything else.

Dane

Likes Dirt
Re: Back wheels

Justin Larkin said:
Year a 24" inch wheel would be a bit stronger cos its smaller, but it depends what rim youv'e got.
as wombat said builds more important... but i hear 24" wheels can be a bit of fun :wink: