Rebound Adjustment Problems on Rockshox Silver 30

Kman42

Squid
Hi, according to Rockshox, based on my weight I need -1 rebound clicks on my Rockshox Silver 30. However, when I go to the rebound adjustment bolt, it just unscrews with no clicks, and no change in the fork behaviour. Is there a special tool I should be using or something??

moorey

call me Mia
Bugger. Was going to say the shop can sort it.
Sorry, it’s not a fork I’ve used. Everything else work ok?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
on the rebound knob is there still a tiny allen key thread which holds the rebound on? rebound should just push on/off not unscrew

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry man, the silver 30s are a very basic fork, they come on a lot of lower end bikes. Considering the XC entry is 32, there are usually warnings on the 30's advising of no jumps or drops.

Kman42

Squid
Sorry man, the silver 30s are a very basic fork, they come on a lot of lower end bikes. Considering the XC entry is 32, there are usually warnings on the 30's advising of no jumps or drops.
Cheers, but it has rebound adjustment, so it should be adjusting??

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's not adjusted by a bolt, there normally is a knob on the damper side lower leg that you turn left or right.

_______

Is an alien from 2007
yeh, sounds like you don't have the rebound adjuster, which pushes up into that bolt (which is hollow) and clicks in place. Sounds like what you did was undo the lower foot bolt (i.e. undo the other side and you can take the lowers off and do a minor service).

Differential diagnosis: this is the part you should be turning

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My lower end Rock Shox just had a fin/dial that has a rabbit or turtle. Rabbit obviously being the faster rebound. Had about 5 or so clicks between the two.
The opposite side leg had the lower securing bolt which is what it sounds like you have undone? What is on the other fork leg?

Kman42

Squid
Well it looks like the wing nut adjuster mechanism has fallen off or been removed from my bike. But turns out it's basically a 2mm Allen key permanently mounted. So I can still make rebound adjustments with my long Allen keys. Thanks everyone e

_______

Is an alien from 2007
So I can still make rebound adjustments with my long Allen keys.
This. Good experimenting! I wasn't sure of the size but you probably still want to find something convenient and reliable to plug the hole on rides, the threads on the grub screw it winds are not going to like trail dirt.