rebuilding 05 specialized p3

matt24

Likes Dirt
It's been a while since i've hit some decent trails on the old girl but i figured now i'm back riding dh ill get back into dirt jumping on 26'' not just bmx.

Open to suggestions on parts to upgrade since everything is pretty old. Thinking single speed and maybe new forks or would it just be easier to build a new cromo dirt jumper?

im really torn in between building this back up to its former glory and still being stuck with and older and heavier bike or budget build on a new bike?

148302_10151653475618626_710863183_n.jpg

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to froth hard over this bike with those forks. I still do. Single speed it to loose some weight but leave it how it is, Such a sick bike.

morticus

Likes Dirt
I second that. From what i could tell these forks were limited edition and hard to come by? Keep it how it is dude, strip it and rebuild it single speed.

matt24

Likes Dirt
Yeah I think that's going to be the plan. Didn't know the Sherman's were a limited edition fork. I did buy it from a local dude who rode for specialized so that's why it's spec'd so well.

Just need to get a new bottom bracket, ss kit and new bearings in the front hub and it'll be done.

Thanks