Recommend some Anime

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
My last forays didn't go too well. Full Metal Panic! was a bit predictable with vast amounts of dialogue, and Blood - The Last Vampire was critically acclaimed as some sort of acheivement but was 40 minutes of amateur rubbish.

Past hits for me...
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Ghost in the Shell

Looking for some quality stuff with some action/violence. Mainly thinking feature length, but if there are some great series like Neon Genesis then I'd be mad keen for that.

Last edited:

|Matt|

Banned
I hate the stuff personally, but a fair few of my friends are crazy about it and I have to listen to them yap about it to no end. Some of their favourites include:

Advent Children.
Soul Eater.
Death Note.
Bleach.

Enjoy :p.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate the stuff personally, but a fair few of my friends are crazy about it and I have to listen to them yap about it to no end. Some of their favourites include:

Advent Children.
Soul Eater.
Death Note.
Bleach.

Enjoy :p.

Im with you Matt,

These guys at work bought so much of the stuff which included;

Apple seed?
Shuffle?
Gun-dam?

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Vampire hunter D
Ninja Scroll
anything by Hayo Miazaki.The Castle of Cagliostro, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind......
Biobooster Armour Guyver
Project A-Ko

+ 1 for Wicked City & Battle Angel Alita & Appleseed.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Likes Bikes
My last forays didn't go too well. Full Metal Panic! was a bit predictable with vast amounts of dialogue, and Blood - The Last Vampire was critically acclaimed as some sort of acheivement but was 40 minutes of amateur rubbish.

Past hits for me...
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Ghost in the Shell

Looking for some quality stuff with some action/violence. Mainly thinking feature length, but if there are some great series like Neon Genesis then I'd be mad keen for that.
Have you tried Full Metal Alchemist? Probably my favourite anime. Action/Violence and a pretty good story.

Others, but these are all 26 episode series:
Cowboy Bebop (space and violence)
Trigun (comedy and violence)
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (good series with action/violence, if you can get past the fact that its essentially a cast of female power rangers :p)
Berserk (lots of blood and violence :D)

'Ross

Eats Squid
I remember when our year 8 art teacher made us watch full length anime films every week....we were all too young and immature to understand any of it, and now I have an automatic dislike of it:(

Scenester!

Likes Dirt
I dont mind some anime, it can be rather entertaining.
As for suggestions from the few you havent already mentioned theres,
Sonic Riders
Cat Shit One - haha serious.
Gun Smith Cats - I liked this one
Trigun
Thats all i can think of off the top of my small tired brain, hope it was of some use.

Mitch.

Likes Bikes
if you haven't seen Bleach you haven't seen anime!!! just make yourself watch it you will get hooked just like I did

zac

Likes Dirt
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Urotsukidoji - really wierd shit though, and kinda disturbing, but I think you can only get the movie version on DVD (it was a series originally, then recut into at least two movies, maybe three but I've never been able to find the third if it even exists). +1 for Wicked City, Castle of Caligliostro and Gunsmith Cats too, also check out The Wings of Honneamise (I think that's how you spell it, but it was also released under another title which I can't think of ATM).

Gogol 13 is okay if I remember rightly, X is pretty good as is Rurouni Kenshin.

chino79

Likes Dirt
Black Lagoon, quite a good series.
Be careful if you acquire via the web, some crazy stuff out there.
What has been seen, can never be unseen.