Recommendations on horizontal dropout SS frame that is quite slack

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been asked to build a bike for a mate who is a technical descending type who rides SS.

So looking for a hardtail either Al or Steel, but must be reasonably light, or as light as practical.

Slackish geometry, 68 deg or so plus or minus. (Looking at a 130 to 140mm fork I would imagine as well which affect angle.)

I know there are some good frames like the OnOne456 but these are all vertical dropouts. If possible I am interested in a more aggressive single speed horizontal dropout type frame. Do they exist?

So any recommendations?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well no info, but its ok my mate has decided on something else now, so its all good.

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
What is the appeal of a horizontal ss?
My Nimble 9 (and many other hard tails) has plenty on chain stay adjustment, and you don't have to re-adjust the chain tension and disk brake tabs every time you undo your wheel.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Because KISS.

Simple, proven, clean design that works. And doesnt creak.

Most importantly, doesnt creak.

moorey

call me Mia
Got a frame possibly of interest if he becomes un-sorted. Ventana El Toro. Bought on a whim for commuter, but changed jobs and I just don't ride it :pout:

moorey

call me Mia
Oh, and when I said horizontal dropouts, I obviously meant vertical dropouts with eccentric bottom bracket.