Recommended Urban Rides in Canberra

Planning on heading down to Canberra over coming weekends to hit Stromlo and/or Sparrow Hill. In between thinking of an urban ride or two to hit some of the man made obstacles.

Any recommended places or suburbs ?? Any recommended places NOT to go - ie stairs in front of government buildings that the Federal Police do not take too kindly to.

Thanks for any help.

Ezreal2001

Likes Bikes
Planning on heading down to Canberra over coming weekends to hit Stromlo and/or Sparrow Hill. In between thinking of an urban ride or two to hit some of the man made obstacles.

Any recommended places or suburbs ?? Any recommended places NOT to go - ie stairs in front of government buildings that the Federal Police do not take too kindly to.

Thanks for any help.
Tuggeranong & Belconnen Town Center centers both boast substantial and popular skake/bike parks - Woden's Skake park is about to open but I don't know when that will occur. The Office space in Woden has lots of stairs and stuff that are kind of fun to jump off - and its usually deserted outside of work hours - there also lots of culverts and storm water drains if your that way inclined. There's also a BMX race track in Kambah which is open most of the time. (There's one in )

As a final reminder there are no legal dirt jumps in Canberra (Some one can correct me on this) - and you're not allowed to ride in the nature reserves.

And don't forget to go to Majura.

Sorry to continue the road stuff around ACT....I am moving to ACT next weekend but I have an up body injury that means anything off road is out for at least a couple of months....Any choce rides for me to consider and I already know that I can ride around the lake.....Cheers and thanks in advance for any ideas / regular rides

JD26

Likes Dirt
Sorry to continue the road stuff around ACT....I am moving to ACT next weekend but I have an up body injury that means anything off road is out for at least a couple of months....Any choce rides for me to consider and I already know that I can ride around the lake.....Cheers and thanks in advance for any ideas / regular rides
some of the good ones depending on where you live are those that use Cotter Road, uriarra Road, Brindabella Road and Tidbinbilla Road. Lots of cyclists, not many cars, and water available out there also at the camp sites

Cheers...I did a ride around lake Burley Griffin on Tuesday....what a good easy ride...except for the wind....I will try the other spots over the coming weeks....hopefully back on the dirt soon