Red Ass Downhill NSW ACT State Series - Official Thread

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I'm surprised there is a state series with the amount of people who whine about tracks.

Boo hoo Awaba is too dangerous

Wah wah You have to pedal at Ourimbah and Stromlo.
we're currently in talks with Bidets R Us to come on board as a sponsor and supply a bidet at each round to help the whingers wash the sand out of their 'ginas

bighitben

Likes Dirt
I think it need to cleared up for a few people, we're talking about finishing after the tabletop after the triple/triple (or double/double/double as some will do), NOT triple treat. All this eliminates is the 30+ second straight finish sprint, and gives a good finish area for spectating.

B.utters

Likes Dirt
Yeah I was thinking of doing that!!! nah I just hate to pedal, is it such a crime??

lol. No it's not a crime but you are on a machine that is powered by your own effort, seems a bit off that you should remove that aspect of the sport.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it need to cleared up for a few people, we're talking about finishing after the tabletop after the triple/triple (or double/double/double as some will do), NOT triple treat. All this eliminates is the 30+ second straight finish sprint, and gives a good finish area for spectating.
That would be awesome. I hate that stupid pedal.

Hey guys, Stromlo has another working bee scheduled. To add to the day, CORC will be opening the gates for a ride day! See the details below.
Working Bee:
• Date: Saturday 21st May, 2011
• Time: 9am -11:30am
• Trail: Downhill Track- Bridge to Road Gap
• Work: Trimming, clearing and grooming
• Meet: 8:45am at the top of the DH track
• Notes: $10 lunch special for volunteers at Scope Cafe after (top of Mt. Stromlo)
Play Time:
• Gates open from 1 pm.
• No work, no play.
• Private shuttles only.
• Race rego at bottom of hill. Race plate required while riding.
• No timing or First Aid.
• Marshalls only at G20, Triple Treat and Road Gap.
• MTBA MEMBERS ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Great weekend of the little riding we could get in due to the shuttle turn-around.
Was good towards the end of Sunday when they started to get a bit of structure going with the way the shuttles went up.

I doubt we will have the same drivers down at Stromlo and Coffs, but in future, a certain formation and technique should be structured for the drivers so they know exactly how they need to go about spacing going up and down, aswell as turn-around areas and tight areas that need to have caution taken when going through.

All that aside, great weekend on and off the bike. Was great to catch up with every one at a well structured event by CCOMTB. Track was prime, new features really help to hold speed and made the track a lot more enjoyable and less pedally.

Not too keen for Stromlo unless it's been completely over-hauled and cleared out. Knowing the hardwork that CORC tend to put in, the track should be prime and good to go in time.

Is there a definitive answer as to where the track will finish?

fairy1

Banned
I doubt we will have the same drivers down at Stromlo and Coffs, but in future, a certain formation and technique should be structured for the drivers so they know exactly how they need to go about spacing going up and down, aswell as turn-around areas and tight areas that need to have caution taken when going through.
The guys tried to get the drivers spaced apart but due to the vastlly different speeds and loading times for each bus/trailer combo so it just didn't work. They also had to keep someone at the top directing buses as the drivers just kept driving clogging the turn around area if they weren't stopped.

I'd hate to see how the track looks after 220 riders did a few runs each on it, I saw it on Sunday morning and the braking bumps were getting pretty big.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I'd hate to see how the track looks after 220 riders did a few runs each on it, I saw it on Sunday morning and the braking bumps were getting pretty big.
I reckon leave Ourimbah alone for a while. I loved that the track was getting rougher as the weekend went on.

johnmc

Likes Bikes
NSW/ACT DH #3 Stromlo Registration

will be up by next Monday. Watch this space (and the Rocky Trails website).

Last edited:

johnmc

Likes Bikes
NSW/ACT DHI 2011 State Series Round #3 – Stromlo (11th – 12th June 2011)

REGISTRATION IS OPEN – As for other events in the NSW/ACT 2011 State Series, registration is online. For this event go to https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=694. Please note that there is no on-the-day registration. If you are unable to register online please contact CORC at dh@corc.asn.au for assistance. Online registration closes at midnight on Thursday 9th June.

There is a questionnaire in the online registration process. Please consider your responses carefully. The information gathered will be taken into account by the management of Stromlo Forest Park in the future development of the facility.

COST – will be $110 (including GST) for all categories, as for other NSW/ACT DHI 2011 State Series events.

RIDER CATEGORIES AND EVENT SCHEDULE – will be the same as other NSW/ACT DHI 2011 State Series events. Please refer to the Rocky Trails website http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/DH-overview.html

QUALIFYING – For the Elite Men, Elite Women and Under 19 Men categories there will be two timed runs. The first run will be a qualifying run for all riders. Only the top 50% of riders will qualify for a second, final run.

TRACK – will be the 2009 World Championships course, but with a slight variation to the start (we will have a scaffold start ramp by the water tower), and a finish short of the World Championships finish line.

PRIZE MONEY AND PRIZES – Presentations will be held after the Elite Men’s final. Prize money will be the same as it has been at other events this year except that (a) there will be prize money for the Under 17 Men’s category; and (b) if the number of riders exceed the current budgeted number, the additional race fees will go into the prize pool. A number of local bike shops will be supporting the event and more detail on prize money and prizes will be available in coming weeks.

There will also be a lucky race plate draw prior to the awarding of the Elite prizes. A great prize package has been donated by Trek Bikes, but you can only win it if you’re there to claim it!

FOOD – Onsite catering and coffee will be available.

QUESTIONS? - Contact CORC at dh@corc.asn.au

.dan.

Likes Dirt
TRACK – will be the 2009 World Championships course, but with a slight variation to the start (we will have a scaffold start ramp by the water tower), and a finish short of the World Championships finish line.
Thankyou! Can you tell us where it will finish?