International Red Bull Bush Rangers 12 hour @ Jubberland 26 September

jakecycles

Likes Bikes
What can I say other than Red Bull are throwing their weight behind Endurance mountain cycling events. They have chosen Jubberland to be the venue. 10 am to 10 pm on the 26th of September. Entry prices are virtually free. All the trimmings of RB will be at the event village check out the event page here. The course has recently been ridden in quite nicely at the recent 3hr and is ready to rock. Lap configuration will vary throughout the race.
Red Bull Bush Ranger 12 Hour

Attachments

Last edited:

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1, sounds good, would be good to have a 6 hour solo option, 12 hours of riding loops ... well :loco:

Last edited:

GazzaPops

Likes Bikes
Fuckity fuck fuck. I'm going to a wedding in Mildura that weekend. Fuck it. I missed the 3 hour and now this. Fuck.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
'Red Bull Bushrangers is not an MTBA sanctioned event, so be aware their insurance may not cover you in event of an incident. If you wish to have personal injury cover please look at options available with Bicycle Victoria.'

Just out of curiosity (not sure of the ins and outs of it all), but will anyone entering this race be taking out their own insurance?

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as I commute and do events, road, mtb, trianing have had bicycle network insurance for years - covers my activities on bike.

remember looking at mtba insurance and it only covered sanctioned events and training, maybe its changed?

if so would be useless for this event as not sanctioned. as I said maybe they've changed to a more bicycle network type cover.

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
as I commute and do events, road, mtb, trianing have had bicycle network insurance for years - covers my activities on bike.

remember looking at mtba insurance and it only covered sanctioned events and training, maybe its changed?

if so would be useless for this event as not sanctioned. as I said maybe they've changed to a more bicycle network type cover.
As it currently stands you're not covered with MTBA membership. There was some discussion on facebook, someone mentioned redbull would be looking into obtaining mtba affiliation to resolve this. I would send them an email before forking out for insurance. MTBA have just announced a new insurance policy which would cover you for any racing, but unfortunately it doesn't kick in until October 1st!! Check out the latest mtbs newsletter for details on the new policy but it sounds like good move covering members for all riding possibly getting rid of the need for CA membership (tbc)