Red Bull Hardline Maydena

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Every time I heard yew, I yelled "You"
We got to the rock drop this morning before any riding started then worked our way down stopping to see a corner or section for the next rider.. crazy shit..

nathanm

Eats Squid
Just started watching the finals replay. Lou Ferguson has balls of steel to hit the bottom jump after two stacks on track. Full kudos.
Even more impressive when you consider that she hadn't actually hit the creek gap and therefore hadn't qualified to race until her last practice run of the event.
Even with that in mind they shorten practice by an hour giving them just 2 runs/chances to hit it.
Factor in a head wind and all the girls aborted the first run.
Second run they dropped in late and didn't make their way to that feature until 12:25, 25 minutes after practice closed.
Bulldog towed all 4 girls in perfectly and after sending it himself immediately turned, almost mid air to see who launched.
Gracie made it easy but Tahnee aborted super super late despite having the speed and was somewhat in Louise's way having pulled up then rolled off the lip right in front of her.
Louise look like she actually checked up a little and I let out and involuntary NO but she pulled and landed a little short but safe.
How is that for delivering under pressure. After that I wasn't surprised she finished her race run, it was probably easier mentally than pulling for that creek gap before

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Just started watching the finals replay. Lou Ferguson has balls of steel to hit the bottom jump after two stacks on track. Full kudos.
She’s the fucking boss. Any Little stack and I get the nervous shakes and start making more mistakes. She just dusted herself off (after very big stacks) and hit monster gaps. So stoked that she and Gracie killed it as part of the event.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
She’s the fucking boss. Any Little stack and I get the nervous shakes and start making more mistakes. She just dusted herself off (after very big stacks) and hit monster gaps. So stoked that she and Gracie killed it as part of the event.
Yes, that was very impressive! You would think that would have to knock your confidence, and knowing that you have the biggest features still to come.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It was pretty impressive to see the features in real life. Crowds were massive, and I would have thought it would have been more than the 5000 that Maydena quoted. Probably not as spectator friendly as an EWS enduro, as there's a big wait between riders and nowhere near as many, but I'd still go watch again.
1708896001485.png

1708896034074.png
1708896047762.png

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big stacks, and just got back up and cracked on. Was super impressive. Also big respect for MJ like mentioned. Video of him hitting stuff blind without walking first was anxiety inducing.

Here's a couple of photos I snagged, only gone through around 1/4 of them so far - haven't had a chance to sit down properly and go through them all. Was a cracking (craicing?) day, had a blast.

Attachments

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Big stacks, and just got back up and cracked on. Was super impressive.

Here's a couple of photos I snagged, only gone through around 1/4 of them so far - haven't had a chance to sit down properly and go through them all. Was a cracking (craicing?) day, had a blast.
Great photos!!! We were there in the weeks prior watching them set up, but it would have been nothing compared to watching the race.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Big stacks, and just got back up and cracked on. Was super impressive. Also big respect for MJ like mentioned. Video of him hitting stuff blind without walking first was anxiety inducing.

Nice. Vindicating my decision to not bother with photos on the basis there would be others doing a much better job of it!