Red Bull Ride 27 foot drop

Fritta

Likes Dirt
commander_dilsnikk said:
Ride_Guy said:
Hmmmm bigness :)

He was the only 1 to hit it yeh????
yeah at least one (maybe 2) others attempted.......but the results were not exactly...err...all that palatable...
yeah, didnt he completly screw his bike the second time he did it?

Fritta said:
commander_dilsnikk said:
Ride_Guy said:

yeah at least one (maybe 2) others attempted.......but the results were not exactly...err...all that palatable...
i dunno.....someone COMPLETELY screwed their bike (think it was a kona so it could have been him) as in....hub smashed through all of the spokes and dug the suspension into the ground....ouch.......frame was cracked in a few places too from what i remember

Fritta

Likes Dirt
Bender is CRAZY said:
Fritta said:
commander_dilsnikk said:
Ride_Guy said:

i think he only hit it once.
quote train :D
ummm well in a bike mag i got it said that he screwed some part of his bike... ohh well.

neddy

Likes Bikes
I only saw or heard of Grant hitting it once, the guy who's frame snapped (more like popped, nasty, nasty sound) was Shaums March, check out the 03 Red Bull Ride vid, not pretty at all when your front wheel blows out on landing from those heights.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fritta said:
Bender is CRAZY said:
Fritta said:
commander_dilsnikk said:
Ride_Guy said:

i think he only hit it once.
quote train :D
ummm well in a bike mag i got it said that he screwed some part of his bike... ohh well.

I think it was bigger than 27ft because last years was bout 25ft, and this drop was like 10m so aint that closer to 30ft just what i heard??

olsson

Likes Dirt
Interesting. Man I could hit that any day...pfft small as.
nah Man I WISH. That is awesome, I wouldn't even THINK about that!

j-ro

Likes Dirt
in 2003 he only attempted it once and hit it once, and nobody else even rolled down it.

I know this coz he told me himself.

He damaged his foot previously in a canada trip (check NWD3) and re-hurt it practising the north shore section.

The magazine wich talks of grants bike being broken is discussing an old stab primo he had that he broke overclearing a tow-in gap.