Redhill Sign

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Went for my early morning ride at Redhill this morning and noticed the enclosed sign. At the entrance to, and beside some well known jumps. Looks like it has just been put up, what does it mean?

"CROWN LAND- Unauthorised entry, use or activities prohibited"

I just assumed it meant nothing and carried on business as usual.

Any ideas??

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like wats supposed to be happening to oxford....the building company finally taken over and started but thats at oxford....red hill.Still sounds like a building company has decided to do something with the land.. I dunno I dont ride there soo

Batey

Likes Dirt
From what i know it was going to become legal. With fences being put up and the XC track being redirected around it. I believe there was to be no building or riding of the trails until it was set up. Not sure if it will be followed.
Havn't herd an update on the situation for some time. Nitwit should be able to fill us in on the details.

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
NSW Redhill

From what i know it was going to become legal. With fences being put up and the XC track being redirected around it. I believe there was to be no building or riding of the trails until it was set up. Not sure if it will be followed.
Havn't herd an update on the situation for some time. Nitwit should be able to fill us in on the details.
Yeap well i thought that it was all becoming legal and being futher developed aswell. I hope this sign doesnt mean that the area will be out for jumping..Fark sake i manly ride at Oxy falls and redhill and if these are both out then that would suck!

Any ideas on time frames for development of area? or if there is some sort of map or plan of what is going in???

Batey

Likes Dirt
I am not sure as to what is going on at the moment and how far it has progressed.
Im prity sure that in the future will need to either buy a day licence for manly club or a full licence to ride it. I believe it will only be open on days when builders or riders are there. Unfortuantly i haven't been building or riding there for a few months (maintaining our own trails) so im out of the loop.

If anyone from the manly club or the Main Builders know whats happening give us an update.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
If Nitwit is around he'll know more.

The stumbling block at the moment is the construction of a fence around the site, the guy at DoL was hopeful that he would be able to find some money for it in his budget but was unable to this year.

The fact that Nitwit has been working very hard to come up with a solution has meant that the bulldozers have been held off for now and negotiations continue.

Batey

Likes Dirt
Thats no good then.
I know how much fenceing can cost for a project like this and it isnt cheap.

nitwit

Likes Dirt
The signs were put up as a measure to inform people that the use of the land is prohibited until a license is attained through MWMTB. The department of Environment and Climate Change and the DoL have erected some logs and rocks around the area to make people aware that these particular areas (where the logs and rocks are) are to be off limits. This is due to the protection of the native flora in these specific areas. I cant stress enough the need for people to respect this and avoid these areas.

The signs at the entrance on Lady Pehnryn Drive and in the area of the jumps have been put up as a legal measure.

I will update the original thread this evening. Peoples co-operation with this is vital as the deal with the land owners is still dependent on us respecting the measures that have been put in place.

For details on the progress so far and any questions refer to this thread, http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=101432&highlight=redhill+legal
Thanks,
Mat

Last edited: