redhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbyloveday

Likes Dirt
I was thinking about heading to Redhill this sunday, i heard there are races and trackwork that needs to be attended, would someone please be able to enlighten me on what the deal is and at what times things happen if in fact they do happen, cheers robby.

Butch

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dyl06 said:
How do you get there from epping like using public transport cause i can't get a lift.
train to chatswood from epping then a 136 to skyline shops , ur then looking for a road called lady penrith drive , up the top of this drive u shall find a bush track its fairly opened u carnt miss it , ohhh by the way theres a possibility of me bein there , gotta try out the new concept - grant

Archi

Likes Dirt
Butch said:
train to chatswood from epping then a 136 to skyline shops , ur then looking for a road called lady penrith drive , up the top of this drive u shall find a bush track its fairly opened u carnt miss it , ohhh by the way theres a possibility of me bein there , gotta try out the new concept - grant
you cant take your bike on a bus....

if you wanna go there with your bike youll need to catch a ferry to manly and ride from there.

hopefully i will be up there with a mate or two.

looking forward to it as i havent been to red hill for aaggeess..

PS. should we bring shovels?

Krusty

Likes Dirt
hey guys i was wandering if there is racing this sunday? and i heard something about a final with like all the winners from previous sundays? can someone enlighten me with the truth
i'll be there wit a few people. c ya sunday

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Archi said:
PS. should we bring shovels?
bwahaha archi you building??? hahah...
yeah i think the ferry is the best option but there is a massive hill climb up to red hill!

technoboy

Dirty Imports
hey!

Guys,
it would be great if you could bring shovels as we don't have shovels for everyone...
Saturday:
we will be cleaning and desposing of any wooden eye sores and filling in holes and removing anything that could be a danger...
from around lunch time we will be tuning up all the lines and maintaining basically everything we have...
(This would be a good time to help out us guys and throw some ideas around for some new lines)
Sunday:
depending on how much work gets done on saturday we should all be able to have a ride and build some new stuff!!!

P.s the more shovels we get up there the more chance you have of having something to ride no matter what your ridding ability maybe.

Technobitch :)

Dim

Spirit Distributions
hippy albino said:
hey guys redhill is geting so awsome we hav to get more people to cum ah :) :D :)
dont ever pay anyone out on farkin, cause ur address is in ur location

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
technoboy said:
(This would be a good time to help out us guys and throw some ideas around for some new lines)
:)
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it....but.

I was up for a little bit last Sunday and was sooo disapointed. The place is wild, but there was absolutely nothing for me to ride! The middle line has been huge-afied and the table top....that I put so much effort into bulding....has been built over. They are all so only quite experienced people can ride them. Last time I jumped was 4 months ago (when I fucked my knee) there is no way I can just launch into what's there now.

I'm not trying to say that anyone has done anything wrong, but it's quite unfortunate for me as there is little use for me to ride up there anymore. The slalom track is still fun, but gets a bit boring after the tenth run.....

Maybe the line on the right with the crumbled concrete lips could be made a bit smaller or into table tops or something. I'm happy to make the effort, just as long as people don't capitalise on the work and put big lips on them. Not everything needs to push people's limits!

Anyway, that's my request, hope it doesn't upset anyone.

Dim

Spirit Distributions
johnny said:
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it....but.

I was up for a little bit last Sunday and was sooo disapointed. The place is wild, but there was absolutely nothing for me to ride! The middle line has been huge-afied and the table top....that I put so much effort into bulding....has been built over. They are all so only quite experienced people can ride them. Last time I jumped was 4 months ago (when I fucked my knee) there is no way I can just launch into what's there now.

I'm not trying to say that anyone has done anything wrong, but it's quite unfortunate for me as there is little use for me to ride up there anymore. The slalom track is still fun, but gets a bit boring after the tenth run.....

Maybe the line on the right with the crumbled concrete lips could be made a bit smaller or into table tops or something. I'm happy to make the effort, just as long as people don't capitalise on the work and put big lips on them. Not everything needs to push people's limits!

Anyway, that's my request, hope it doesn't upset anyone.
Personally, i couldnt agree more, what has been done to redhill is fantastic but i am willing to come up abd build a line more friendly to a wide range of people, also i am in the processes of getting a HT coming from a dualie so i need to jumps that will get me used to it

William

Squid
Red Hill

How do I get a quote "box" to seperate the quote from my message?

Quote, " you cant take your bike on the bus...."

Comment: I take my bike on the bus, but its a dulie, I dont know about the heavy d/h bikes.

But what to do is get a large bike box, and enough metres of seat belt webbing to wrap around the box, 2 inch is best, and two stainless steel buckles, ( from ship chandlers like Whitworth`s etc) after breaking down the bike to fit in the box, you wrap the webbing around both ends of the box, using the buckels so as each end wrapping conects to the other end, and that gives you a shoulder strap to carry it with. Dont buy to little, measure the box.

It`s a bit of hassel, you need to find somewhere to store the box for your return journey and it adds extra dissasembly and assembly time at each end, I use it for longer journeys and it works well, like Newport to the Blue Mountains, via a city Central bound bus, often they won`t charge you an extra fare, ferry`s are easier though.

Question: Red Hill, I used to ride it years ago, xc, what are you fellows running a regular series, is it dh or xc, how often and whats your meeting time and place etcetera, regards William.

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MaJiK! said:
Personally, i couldnt agree more, what has been done to redhill is fantastic but i am willing to come up abd build a line more friendly to a wide range of people, also i am in the processes of getting a HT coming from a dualie so i need to jumps that will get me used to it

how is your HT coming along?

also i think that this idear would be good (to have easier lines). i think it would be good for younger riders but also older riders that are tyring to get down hard tricks can try them on these jumps becuase you wouln't need to land them perfectly first time. the only thing that i was worrying about it getting pace for them becuase to get pace you need to do the step down which isn't a very easy jump for inexperience riders, also to make them table tops you would need to fill in the holes although you probably could just chuk some crates in there.

anwyay cheers martin

louie

Banned
nah i reckon leaves the conretes, it would be too hard to get the step down to an easy level without making it a table top, and if it was made a table top you wouldnt be able to hit the rythums that run off the 4x(through the gap in the step down) i say just start a whole new set

Inverted

Likes Dirt
Why would we want to build jumps for other riders, there is already enough easy lines. We dont need your input or your help so stop grave digging threads and exposing our trail on the internet. Why dont you build some jumps where you live to cater for your needs, fucktard.

mpdowling said:
how is your HT coming along?

also i think that this idear would be good (to have easier lines). i think it would be good for younger riders but also older riders that are tyring to get down hard tricks can try them on these jumps becuase you wouln't need to land them perfectly first time. the only thing that i was worrying about it getting pace for them becuase to get pace you need to do the step down which isn't a very easy jump for inexperience riders, also to make them table tops you would need to fill in the holes although you probably could just chuk some crates in there.

anwyay cheers martin

Inverted

Likes Dirt
Why dont you shut your mouth pecker head we dont want any more punters at our trail. Thats right our trail!

hippy albino said:
hey guys redhill is geting so awsome we hav to get more people to cum ah :) :D :)

Last edited:

Inverted

Likes Dirt
MaJiK! said:
You guys are welcome to build a line. We are building jumps to cater for our needs now but there is no reason why you cant build your own. Just bring your own shovel as we dont have enough to lend as our old ones got stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.