Reign fox air 5.0 upgrade or new bike

Hello good folk,

Have got myself a Reign 2 2011 & have upgraded pretty much everything bar the suspension. The front shocks i can kind of live with but the RP2 i hate. Am thinking will a Fox Air 5.0 make all the difference to the bike & change my attitude or should i just spend up big & look at the Specialized or Santa Cruz rigs

found this puppy quite cheap

http://tbsm.com.au/bike-parts/suspension/rear-shocks/fox-2013-dhx-air-5.0-shock-sale-19956

Any advice/ past experience would be great, thanks..!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's a good price. It will likely give a lot more life than the rp23...and depending on how much you want to spend on a new shock, this may be the Win.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why would you suggest to him to get a budget low end coil shock?

OP not sure on your budget but their is also the Cane Creek DB Air and the monarch....
Yep, fair point, let me clarify.

Yes, it's a low end coil shock, but it's still fit for the purpose. I just put one of these on my Dixon and it's amazing! The feel and support you get with a coil blows air away.... But have not ridden a DB AIR.

I guess my ultimate point was that the dhx air was not the shock to go for, and depending on budget there are other options out there, low end and high end. Which you suggested.

Just don't dismiss the vanilla because it's low end. It's very easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of what's new and gooderer and betterer, sometimes just a simple well done shock is all you need.

Thanks for the input.. The cane creek looks a nice bit of gear, but figure if i spend that kind of money i should just go & pick up the dream bike & bang it on that.. have looked into going coil, but was put off by the pedal bob.. Having said that might just give it a whirl & if all else fails bite the bullet..