removed dribble from Benos 'post your ride' thread

shorty

Likes Dirt
It's been said before and on many occasions.... catalogue bike.... Xtension DH frame is a shorter travel, less feature packed version of a DaBomb Projectile and numerous other brands! You pay for the name of bike that are made in countries like Taiwan!

No doubt it rides well... and probably slightly more over built than a crafty, but similar all the same!

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
shorty said:
It's been said before and on many occasions.... catalogue bike.... Xtension DH frame is a shorter travel, less feature packed version of a DaBomb Projectile and numerous other brands! You pay for the name of bike that are made in countries like Taiwan!

No doubt it rides well... and probably slightly more over built than a crafty, but similar all the same!
Dude, you are so completely wrong.

The extension/azonic is made in Taiwan but it is actually designed by some guy in the states who is an m1 fanatic. This bike is as good as an m1 in terms of the ride and is top notch for a bike out of Taiwan. It is actually improved on the m1 design by using a 150mm through axel hub for a better chain line.

The DaBomb Projectile is completely different. For a start the main frame is different, the rear is different, it uses a 165mm hub, the linkage is different, the pivot points are different, need i go on?? Just because both a made in Taiwan doesn't mean they are the same or that they are catalogue bikes.

DW designed the iron horse DH bike and it is made in tiawan. Does that make it a catalogue bike? I think not.

Anyway, nice free riding bike there beno.........

shorty

Likes Dirt
I used DaBomb as an example....

The differences in looks are very similar that all i said!

The ironhorse is a completely different design!

All i said was the design was similar.... but not that you care... u just wanna flame people for their opinions!

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
shorty said:
All i said was the design was similar.... but not that you care... u just wanna flame people for their opinions!
Only those peoples opions that are complete crap.

Lots of bikes use an FSR linkage and they are not the same. Even a slight differance in pivot location will produce bikes completly differant

Bighit
M1
Norco
Iron Horse
DaBomb
Craftwroks
Turner RFX/XCE
Devinci
Plus many others

Most of these bikes are mae in Tiawan. I guess all these bikes are the same then aren't they :roll:

But not that you care, you just want to write complete and utter dribble on the internet.

shorty

Likes Dirt
All i said was they it is similar to catalogue type bikes.... and how you can compare a frame made in Taiwan to a frame made in the US out of Easton tubing... i'll never know!

shorty

Likes Dirt
Did i EVER say that frame was of poor quality? DID I EVER SAY THAT!!! NO! So continue your flaming.... no please do!

And think why there is more certified welders in Taiwan?? Maybe because more frames are made there than anywhere else...so it's logical to have more certified welders there!