Removing brake levers

cj.

Likes Dirt
I just recieved a new shimano saint front brake but with a left hand lever, not the right hand one so I need to take off the lever and send it back to the shop I bought it from. My question is, will it piss oil everywhere when I take the lever off and how do I store the hose/caliper until my new lever comes???

Jimass

Eats Squid
Bleed it first. Lots of rags when you take it off.
Brake fluid eats paint.:(
Do you have to take just the lever back? OR can you take the whole system, cause that would be easier....

On second thoughts Shimano you mineral oil right?

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I recommend posting the entire brake back to the shop where you purchased it, and they will most likely post you a new front brake with a right hand lever.
They may or may not charge you, I'm not sure. Depends on the shop really..

Jimass

Eats Squid
I recommend posting the entire brake back to the shop where you purchased it, and they will most likely post you a new front brake with a right hand lever.
Agree'd.

You *may* have to pay postage, be prepared for that.

cj.

Likes Dirt
Taking it back isnt really an option cause I ordered it over the internet from NSW at Krank Bikes. Todd just said to take off the lever, a little bit of the oil will come out but not too much. They are getting bled on friday also. Any tips on how to store the hose/caliper?

cj.

Likes Dirt
The guys at krank bikes being the legends they are, are paying for the shipping, express i think because he said i'll get it on thursday or friday.

cj.

Likes Dirt
Man that confused me :p
Yeah, Krank Bikes will sort you out!!
Hahaha my bad.

You catch my drift now though right?

I need to take the whole braking unit off.
Send it to krank bikes.
Store the hose safely
Buy a deer.
Get the new lever.
Get the complete brake bled and fitted.

cj.

Likes Dirt
Took it off this morning, bought 3 drops of oil came out, took off the top cap, got rid of the oil, wiped it down, boom.

END THREAD.

Krank Bikes

www.krankbikes.com.au
CJ it is great to hear that you did not have any troubles with the lever. we will send out the replacement one tomorrow.