Renee Junga Appeal

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
As many of you know, Renee Junga was seriously injured at the World Championships last month. She broke the C1 and C2 bones in her neck and suffered spinal trauma at the T6 vertebrae. She also suffered two broken ribs and a fractured sternum. Renee is due to be flown back to Australia fairly soon.

Bicycle Motocross Australia (BMXA), Cycling Australia (CA) and Mountainbike Australia (MTBA) have jointly launched an appeal for Renee.

Please show your support by donating, Renee and her family really need it right now. Details here.

digger

Likes Dirt
insurance??

I don't in any way want to sound crude or insensitive and maybe I'm just totaly ignorant (and willing to be told so...) but I thought as licensed rider, particularly one representing their country at a Worlds they would have fairly comprehensive insurance provided my MTBA, ACF or which ever governing body... isn't what an annual racing license covers??? which begs the question, what do you get for your license buck in the event of an accident!?

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't in any way want to sound crude or insensitive and maybe I'm just totaly ignorant (and willing to be told so...) but I thought as licensed rider, particularly one representing their country at a Worlds they would have fairly comprehensive insurance provided my MTBA, ACF or which ever governing body... isn't what an annual racing license covers??? which begs the question, what do you get for your license buck in the event of an accident!?
Good question.

I would guess that the insurance covers her accident and hospital stays?
Her family staying in NZ to be with her is probably not covered?

projectsplat

The film guy
its a good cause. show a bit of support. if you had crashed and were in a bad way, you would like to think that fellow mountain bikers would help you out.

btw, I have chucked $50.00 towards the cause. Anyone else going to join me?

Edit : Seriously people, I don't know if any of you have experienced even some of what she is going through at the moment. I have. One thing I have learnt from that experience is that support from you friends and community makes a massive difference to you rehabilitation process. C'mon people, put your money where you mouth is.

Last edited:

Muz46

Cannon Fodder
Renee

It's hard to believe the question has even been asked (insurance). How would you like to spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair? Have a think about that! Renee and her family are going through a life changing experiene so show your support by giving a little to a true champion. She's given her life racing for Australia.

I'm from Rotorua NZ and we just completed a 2 week appeal for Renee and raised over $13,000, in true ANZAC style we are supporting this appeal and i'm confident Australia will better our total.

By-the-way, at the Worlds, the Kiwis for cheering for you guys and we don't often see that in sport.

Regards

Muz