Rennie to race 2011 season!!

atschool

Likes Bikes
Just saw this over on Ridemonkey.

From Transcend Magazine:
Rennie to make comeback in 2011

AUSTRALIA (transcendmagazine.com) -- The rumour mill has been out of control lately with Nathan Rennie announcing he will be returning to racing for 2011 after a year off from the circuit.

Word has come in now that he will be doing it aboard an Intense M9 with help from SRAM components.

No more information is available at this time, but look for an official announcement shortly
Great news. Hopefully he can pull a 'Mik Hannah' and come back and kick arse after a year off the circuit. Anyone else have any more info?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Great to hear Mr Rennie. You are one of the reasons that downhill is so awesome in Australia and you should do what you want to do!
I hope this includes doing the Aussie season and the worlds with help from Intense and SRAM, that'd be a good ride to come back to.;)

heavyp

You heard it here first
Hopefully this rumour is true and we see Rennie once again fresh and strong giving us top 5 results.

An Intense with SRAM/Rockshox ? this sounds great, hope he gets put back on the Blackbox Project to pick up where he left off with santa cruz.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Savage ! Id love to see him on a V10 again but the m9 should suit him just as well . Cant wait to see him ride again .

pyrop

Likes Bikes
Savage ! Id love to see him on a V10 again but the m9 should suit him just as well . Cant wait to see him ride again .
If you were at the last Sunshine Series round you would have seen this...

Definitely be good to see Nathan back on the world scene thats for sure... :D

sullivanvizual

Likes Dirt
Im pretty sure he will be racing next year .

A year off can do wonder's I think he really needed it. I mean he's been riding travelling for a very long time it is not all fun and game's like people think....

I am doing a shoot a shoot with Nathan,Chris Kovarik and Claire Buchar probaly late November now at a new mtb park.

This will my first shoot for CuT DoWn Tv my new online show.

My goal with this show will be to show what it takes to be a rider and what it feels like to ride through POV cam's,a new cable camera set up and a new 4wd dolly.But most of all make's you want to get out there yourself and ride harder, faster...

It's been a dream of mine to work with rider's like this and to tell you the truth it only took one phone call.

My webisode's will only be short two or so minute's but I have a vast amount of experience,determination and drive to produce media that I am hoping will blow me off my chair and other's aswell.

Mr King

Likes Dirt
sweet

It would be cool to see Stampy hit up Mt Baw Baw at Round 3 of the Nationals. I'm sure he could easily break mach 10 on the Jeep Track!

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sweet

It would be cool to see Stampy hit up Mt Baw Baw at Round 3 of the Nationals. I'm sure he could easily break mach 10 on the Jeep Track!
Ever see his sneaky line at Baw Baw ? Pretty cool.
[video=youtube;RzwFH_LQoL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwFH_LQoL0[/video]

Last edited:

Mr King

Likes Dirt
That is exactly why it is named after him! Thanks for posting that, now everyone knows one of the nice lines at Baw Baw.

Nice grave dig!

fox 40

Squid
I can't wait to see him race next year (if he is doing so). A year has been to long without Nathan Rennie.
:)

Suburban rider

Likes Dirt
this just made my day! yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

atschool

Likes Bikes
From the man himself:

Hi Everyone

As rumours have been flying, I just wanted to set the record straight. After poor finishes in the first few World Cup races in 2009, I decided to return home so that I can get as fit as possible for the World Championships in Canberra, Australia. Still 7th in the World!!! My luck was not on my side in 2009, with having big crashes that have opened old injuries, it's the best thing to do at this time. Also I have been working under a lot of pressure from sponsors and working in an uncomfortable environment.

I decided to take this year off as well, sell my condo unit, and build a house. That's right! - build a house. Just call me "Stampy the Brickies labourer." It's not official yet, but I am looking to get back onto the Downhill Mountain Bike circuit in 2011.

I just want to thank all the people, not only my sponsors, for understanding my position, and hope to see you all in 2011.

Cheers, Nathan Rennie

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nathan if you read this, all I can say is, I reckon you'd have the backing of everyone in the sport to make a return next year. Your fast, attacking style is something that I think has been missing in the time since you left. Hope you can get the backing of some great sponsors and bring back some of that great Rennie style. The DH world will be better for it.