Rennie - What tha?

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After meeting him years ago and pretty much being the only reason why I started to ride Downhill and why I continue to ride Downhill. I think its just taking him a bit to get used to the bike, his knee might still be giving him grief.

Personally I think he is putting to much pressure on himself to win something for the New Sponsors. Maybe he jsut needs to go back to riding for fun to realise how he has to ride for wins.

But I may be completly wrong this is the interwebs, either way Im still a massive fan and always will wave the Rennie flag.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Yeah its a bit weird that Rennie isnt going too well now. He'll suprise us at some point I reckon :rolleyes:

But how about Mick Hannah...
Been off the bike for almost 2 years. Now he hops back on the bike and can sit at 2nd in the World Cup and who says he's not going to come first overall. I know theres a lot of rounds left but he's going bloody good. Just needs to get his little sister some sponsors again so she can get round the WC circuit too.

I reckon the Atheron's should get ditched by Commencal for the Hannah's :D

downhill401783

Likes Dirt
Mick Hannah is 'winning' a hell of a lot of respect at the moment... and a lot of concern from other riders I'd be guessing!

We've all read about it but 12 months off the bike and to be so strong so soon... he's probably still only warming up!
mik was always ontop its just he wasnt as well known as sam and nathan

woodb

Likes Bikes
nathan rennie wat a gun. such a cool guy, always out there having fun. all the best nathan. hope you rip it up..

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rennie.

the guy's had some stacks in his race runs, big deal it happens to all of us. I don't think it has anything to do with the new bike, I think it would have happened if he were on a Santa Cruz too, but we all wouldn't be talking about what's changed.

The guy still has the talent that he had when he was riding Santa Cruz, but it's just been bad luck in a couple race runs that put his over all where it is. He's going to come back position wise no questions asked, mark my words.

slowmtb

Likes Bikes
Geez, what a harsh audience.

Everyone has a bad run now and then and I am sure injury isn't helping his cause. He still has what it takes and I wish him the best, if this season does not go to plan then so be it. There is always next season for a talent like him.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Just thought it was worth the update that the big man is taking a break from World Cup racing for a bit to recover from his injuries (sustained pretty much all season) to focus on the upcoming World Champs in his native Australia. Pretty wise move if you ask me :)
Source: LITTERMAG

tumble

Likes Dirt
Just thought it was worth the update that the big man is taking a break from World Cup racing for a bit to recover from his injuries (sustained pretty much all season) to focus on the upcoming World Champs in his native Australia. Pretty wise move if you ask me :)
Source: LITTERMAG
Yes, just found this out too.. below is from dirtmag today:
And finally...some pit news/gossip for you from Kenda Morewood:

Apparently Nathan Rennie has decided to fly home to Oz to concentrate on training for the Worlds in September after his lacklustre start to the season. More news on that bombshell later.