Rennie's big jump..

GoingDHfast

Likes Dirt
I hear Rennie is scheduled to *finally* attempt the world record for longest jump in a couple of weeks? Apparently its happening in Cooper Pedy, anyone got better info?

Speedy

Likes Dirt
Shaweet that'll show Bender the hucker, Rennie kicked arse in Nuremburg the other day too in the Red Bull urban comp mixing it up with Chase n all

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
my mates mate, got told by another guys mate, who knows a guy, who used to ride with rennie when he was with yeti, who got told by a reliable source that he'd be jumping 200ft!!:confused: :confused:

Speedy

Likes Dirt
villy said:
Wow thats huge. Good luck to him. Hate to think what will happen if he screws up:eek:
No he wont cuz he cant, sounds stupid hey, cuz screwing up isn't an option. Anyone have details of the jump itself?

Timmy Bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cjaty said:
some thing like 115 feet I think.Can't wait
id say its going to be more than that cause apparently the record atm is 116ft, in which case, if he is going to make the record, it will have to be more than that.

anyway, i hope he makes it, rennie is a sick rider, santa cruz pride!

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Timmy Bee said:
id say its going to be more than that cause apparently the record atm is 116ft, in which case, if he is going to make the record, it will have to be more than that.

anyway, i hope he makes it, rennie is a sick rider, santa cruz pride!

130ft and he recons he can do it at 70kph, he did his 76ft one at 90kph.

cheese

Likes Dirt
DH Maniac said:
my mates mate, got told by another guys mate, who knows a guy, who used to ride with rennie when he was with yeti, who got told by a reliable source that he'd be jumping 200ft!!:confused: :confused:
Reliable source that!!:D :p

Im sure Rennie will nail it.

Octane_Matty

Likes Dirt
I just watched some movie about Seth Enslow where he does a 130ft jump and crashes, anybody seen it?

well seth split his skull open or something...i cant imagine what rennie could do to himself

but anyway id like to see bender have some competition :p

Rennie vs Bender

Now THATS entertainment!

demo man

Used to be cool.
Johnny Waddel told me that he'll be doing it in the last week of either this month or the next (i forgot which, he told me but i forgot).

116 foot is his minimum, but he'll want to do it a decent amount larger than that i'd guess.

also, he may post-pone it as the BMX rider who set the 116ft record recently comitted suicide, so he may decide to wait a little while out of respect. or he may not, i don't know.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah that's sick however RIP colin winklemen who held the record but sadly past away
would like to see him hold the record a bit longer but oh well least it's an australian
Rest in Peace Colin

MTBWANNABE

Banned
demo man said:
also, he may post-pone it as the BMX rider who set the 116ft record recently comitted suicide, so he may decide to wait a little while out of respect. or he may not, i don't know.
Youch.. any idea why he killed himself?

it's so sad.. some1 taking they're own life.. especially some-one world famous.. i just don't understand it :(

Stu the kid

Likes Dirt
sounds sweet i cant wait to see it, can someone gets some pics or clip up on farkin that'll be great;)
Rennie is so fr1g1n fast:cool:

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
i think you'll find it was scheduled for the last weekend in october (same as first national round), but I have it on pretty good authority that its cancelled

wiggy69

Likes Dirt
wow Im sure he'll break the world record
has anyone seen him jump the redbull ride bus my friend has the dvd cant remember what it was called any way that the one I saw him do was prety far

I hope he makes it

demo man

Used to be cool.
wiggy69 said:
wow Im sure he'll break the world record
has anyone seen him jump the redbull ride bus my friend has the dvd cant remember what it was called any way that the one I saw him do was prety far

I hope he makes it

:rolleyes:

nOOb