Replace Guide RS lever with Guide RSC

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
Hi,

I assume the calipers are the same for the Guide RS and RSC. I like my brakes biting at the start of the lever travel which can't be accommodated for on my current Guide RS brakes.

I've found some RSC levers which sell for $75 per end, however, they're displayed as the Guide RSC G2 (?). I've had a look on the net but can't find any info confirming the G2 model.

Can anyone confirm what the G2 is or are they for only a certain year's release of the brakes? The RS are currently on a 2018 Trance Advanced.

Cheers in advance.

Z

Zaf

Guides had a reliability issue with the piston design, it would gunk up and cause the lever to have a sluggish return speed which would mean your brakes disengaged slowly. Notably worse in warm weather climates.

In any case, the G2's should be the revision that resolves the issue, however it sounds like you take it with a grain of salt as I believe the issue has persisted, albeit at a lesser incident rate even with the revision.

In any case, if you're buying from a warranty supportable service, SRAM will replace them with the updated assembly should the problem present.