Ressurection of the Ivanhoe DJ's

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
All you Melbournites!

After the sad demise of the Ivanhoe DJ's a few months ago, four of us got together and formed a maintenance/management body (made up of riders), we then drew up plans for a new jumps area and took our cause to the local council, lobbying to rebuild and redesign the old coucil jumps behind the Eaglemont tennis courts.
Well surprise, surprise, we got approval today but the only problem is that they're going to be dumping 6 tonnes of dirt at 8am THIS SUNDAY(19/9/04) MORNING AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!! For all of you guys that are willing to put some sweat into this, then I'll be putting on bbq and cold refreshments for lunch. All you need to do is bring whatever diggin tools you can muster together and be down there around ten in the morning.
I've organised a loader and a bobcat for it so a lot of the tough work will be done for us. It'll mostly be shaping and rolling it so provided we get it done early enough then we'll be riding by mid arvo :twisted:!!!!!!
THIS IS NOT A HOAX!!!
If you don't know where the old jumps were behind the Eaglemont tennis courts then check your street directories- its off The Boulevard (near Burke Rd) in East Ivanhoe. Follow the tennis court fencline down the back and there they are.

Only the serious guys please- no knob jockeys, free-loaders, smack talkers or jibe motherfuckers welcome :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:
PM me if you have any questions, otherwise see you around ten o'clock Sunday morning. They're forecasting a sunny 23 degree day so it'll be almost gauranteed to be a cracker.
Remember, SHOVELS, bikes and helmets. Not just bikes and not without your skid lid! (proviso of using council endorsed jumps)

Cheers,
Nathan
Ivanhoe Dirt Connection

Hard Nox

Likes Dirt
Strewth! Another maintenance job this Sunday! I had to cancel going to Hursty cause of various things/decisions, but there's also workers wanted at Eildon. It's all happening down here in sunny Victoria. (I wish Red Hill - Vic - was still open...)

Good luck with it. And well done for getting council approval. (put that in your CV/resume as community worker or leader).

Tom_405

Likes Dirt
hey i might be able to get don there but i probly won't be much help ohh wel ill give it my all and how r u goin to fit jumps there its only a small spot