results for buller-1st round vic series?

motormtb

Likes Dirt
Does anybody know where i can find results for buller 7th & 8th january?
Is it true that there was major F@#K up with timing equipment some of my mates where there and felt that there was a possibility of some of the times being incorrect? Did anybody else feel like they where hard done buy?
If there was a problem i feel sorry for the riders who may have had there whole vic series campaign thrown out the door!!

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knowing how long it took for presentations, i dought they will be up for a while. There was big probloms with the timing tho. How could someone get a quicker time than the person they were passed by?:confused:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These things happen, it was mostly due to a bad decision to use wireless networking instead of cable. This interfered with the radio communications meaning that all times had to be entered manually at the end of the race, instead of as they go type thing.

motormtb

Likes Dirt
similar thing happened to my mate.

aday said:
Knowing how long it took for presentations, i dought they will be up for a while. There was big probloms with the timing tho. How could someone get a quicker time than the person they were passed by?:confused:
Similar thing happened to my mate i don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing to find out that he wasn't the only one to get jibbed.

SKT

Likes Dirt
Just before this turns into a slugfest can I just say a little bit here in favour of the Fattys.
It's not the F1 GP or the WC even. Fatty's do heaps to get races goin. Infact, in the local Melb area, I think, in the last 6-9 months they are the ONLY mob getting races goin. Not only do they talk the talk but they walk the walk. Whilst other clubs who you'd expect to big supporters of DH fall back on their sure money XC events the Fattys are pushing forward with new tracks and regular races.
These things are gonna happen.
Cut 'em some slack and lets not get down on anyone because we are lucky, yes lucky, to get a Vic series at all. We got it now so lets just roll with the punchs and enjoy the good times.

By the way, there were track marshals everywhere (signified by a huge fark off radio harness on their chest) and the first aiders (easy to see Snow Patrol jackets) were very approachable and easy to find :rolleyes:

No matter how much I winge about timings it wont fix my shoulder that is keeping me awake from my disasterous race run crash..... :eek:

Good job Fattys, it was a fun weekend regardless :D

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the times are being manualy sorted out as the start sheets they had at the bottow were diffrent to the top so al the funny times are caused by that i think they will be a revised version put up

jack giant

Likes Dirt
The Elite men and under 19's results are now up on the fat tyre flyers website, still waiting on the rest.

Hivo

Cannon Fodder
response to skt

It might not be the F1 races mate but its the only state series we have in Vic! Why call it a series if the results put you that far out that its not worth turning up. Well done FTF, keep on Crankin!!

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a 6 race series, no ones going have their dreams of winning the vic state series shatterd from this one race.

Stick

Likes Bikes
Well done Scott,a crash in your race run and you still won the vets class.Just saw the results on the ftf web site.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
shmity said:
Its a 6 race series, no ones going have their dreams of winning the vic state series shatterd from this one race.
exactly. unless you were there helping out all weekend long, then i don't think anyone is in a position to complain. fatty's have put a lot of work in to bring us a series.... and its hard work that brings in no reward apart from self satisfaction knowing that they are putting back into the mtb community.

shit happens, and sometimes its beyond organisers control. the full 'corrected' results are now up on the ftf website, so yall should be happy with that.

I have now taken my rightful place from 1st in elite to 10th, there was no way I would have taken that race out... i was pinning it in the qualifier, but took it pretty easy in the race run because i was given a second chance to get another run. it was a bit embarrassing for me, at least i got a good chance to plug sinister bikes, ha ha ha....... sinister bikes, everyone should get one, they're real quick.

SKT

Likes Dirt
Stick said:
Well done Scott,a crash in your race run and you still won the vets class.
Cheers.
I'm as suprised as anyone with a crash, although a 4:08 is not outa the question.
Fairly stoked though !!!

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SKT said:
Cheers.
I'm as suprised as anyone with a crash, although a 4:08 is not outa the question.
Fairly stoked though !!!
You must have bloody pinned it! Might have cracked 4 mins if you didn't crash. Well done.

-toby-

Likes Dirt
the under 19 time arent right still, i passed a guy so i must have been 30+ seconds faster then him but on the time sheet it says he was 10 seconds behind

jack giant

Likes Dirt
Those times are so screwed up. the guy behind me won, beat me by 33 seconds and left 29 seconds after me but i never saw anyone take over me. but i guess shit happens so i will stop my bitching. :)
It was still fun and that's what I came for.