Rhys Atkinson - Yackandandah rider segment Teaser

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=vimeo;22804200]http://vimeo.com/22804200[/video]

A short teaser for a rider segment that will feature in my current DVD project.

Rhys Atkinson, Australian National Series Champion.

After Rhys left his mark on Yackandandah for the 5th round of the Kona Victorian State Downhill mountain bike Series with the best time of the weekend which bested his 2010 time of 3:29.6, with a scorching run of 3:23.6

We headed back to Yackandandah the weekend after the event to get some shots for the full length video, and this is the short to the rider segment that will feature in that full length video.

Canon 7D, 24 - 70 2.8
Rode video Mic
LCD View finder

Special thanks to Tom Riella and Elijah Marinov for help transporting equipment, and also a special thanks to Simon the property owner.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Sooo good jake! big things are gonna happen in the next few years when rhys starts hitting up the WC's! hes such a fast rider!

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
looking good

ive had a look at your other videos aswell, im liking the sound of this dvd your going to make. are we able to get copies when its complete???

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looking good

ive had a look at your other videos aswell, im liking the sound of this dvd your going to make. are we able to get copies when its complete???
Hey mate,
Cheers for the comments. What I'm look at doing is a complete National Series DVD and a complete Kona Victorian Downhill Mountain bike Series DVD, the DVD's will consist of all rounds and rider segments such as this one, helmet cam footage of the tracks, interviews etc. The National Series video is underway, and some of the State Series video too, however, more footage needs to be gotten and the series needs to be completed before I can complete it. It will be for sale at the end of the series, price is still to be determined, depending on how much the cost to produce it is.

cluster

Likes Dirt
holy shiznickles he hit that switchback/drop fast... no wonder he took home the win.
why can't i do that :(
jake i think we can safely say that your movies will sell like hotcakes! great stuff :cool:

Last edited:

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,
Cheers for the comments. What I'm look at doing is a complete National Series DVD and a complete Kona Victorian Downhill Mountain bike Series DVD, the DVD's will consist of all rounds and rider segments such as this one, helmet cam footage of the tracks, interviews etc. The National Series video is underway, and some of the State Series video too, however, more footage needs to be gotten and the series needs to be completed before I can complete it. It will be for sale at the end of the series, price is still to be determined, depending on how much the cost to produce it is.
awesome sounds really good, put me down on the list to buy, i love your videos :)

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
that defines 'teaser'.....i want more!
See i disagree there. I wasn't given enough. I've actually found a lot JL content that is just a few seconds too brief. The VDHS stuff is a good example. Lots of talk, tiniest bit of riding and then a bunch of sponsor ads for the next minute of music :(

The teaser doesnt actually show enough riding or variety of camera work, and thats what is motivating me to buy a DVD, not interviews.

I've been through the JL vimeo playlist and there is heaps of good footage there, so I will definitely be buying the DVD, but thats only from hunting around. If I hadn't then these teasers probably wouldn't be enough to entice me...

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See i disagree there. I wasn't given enough. I've actually found a lot JL content that is just a few seconds too brief. The VDHS stuff is a good example. Lots of talk, tiniest bit of riding and then a bunch of sponsor ads for the next minute of music :(

The teaser doesnt actually show enough riding or variety of camera work, and thats what is motivating me to buy a DVD, not interviews.

I've been through the JL vimeo playlist and there is heaps of good footage there, so I will definitely be buying the DVD, but thats only from hunting around. If I hadn't then these teasers probably wouldn't be enough to entice me...

Thanks very much for the input.
The teasers that I have been releasing have been totally for the audience to get a preview and for the sponsors to get more recognition, I don't have to do them, but I would say that the total teasers give the view heaps more content than a short 1 - 3 minute trailer at the end. Plus keep the audience aware of me being there and an insight into what the footage will look like, but as always saving the majority of content for the DVD as you can understand. Fair enough if your not the biggest fan, but remember I don't have to so it.
Thanks for the support.
P.S, Just finished the Shepparton teaser, online soon.
Jake

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Glad to give the input. I just felt that you werent showcasing the footage or the camera work enough, which is ultimately why people will buy the DVD. They want to see awesome riding, great production value and a good variety of camera work.

The sponsor showcase is fine, and its good to get the names out there, however, i think it conveys the wrong message when there is more time showing sponsors than time showing riding.

Looking forward to seeing the shep trailer, and I cant wait for the final DVD so that I get to see all the footage!

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Glad to give the input. I just felt that you werent showcasing the footage or the camera work enough, which is ultimately why people will buy the DVD. They want to see awesome riding, great production value and a good variety of camera work.

The sponsor showcase is fine, and its good to get the names out there, however, i think it conveys the wrong message when there is more time showing sponsors than time showing riding.

Looking forward to seeing the shep trailer, and I cant wait for the final DVD so that I get to see all the footage!
Yeah, completely understand what your getting at, and I do appreciate it. Will try to showcase more variety in the future, without giving to much away.

Thanks again.