Ride pics

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I would love to try an uber carbon rigid SS- it must climb like a goat. Squish me me though

Nath8

Likes Dirt
I would love to try an uber carbon rigid SS- it must climb like a goat.
Climb like a goat it does!!
That's my mates bike (who, I keep telling, to post pics). Since he built it up, he has been riding like a kid again. Loves it! As for my Ti bike, it's comfy to ride and shall repay my aging body in the 6th, 7th, 8th hour of a race:dance:
As for Mt Beauty, if you've never ridden there, make the trip and take your XC bike, DH bike and roadie as well. Too many options.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most likely the answer ... Just wouldn't have the ride 'feel' he loves.
Ha ha, reckon thats Moorey you are thinking off. The lack of cartilage in most joints meant everything started hurting just looking at them :)
Like I said, someone must love them, but it could never be me...

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cornubia, South of Brisbane.
Fun stuff.2
2 26ers (Blur and a Pivot).
2 29ers (Prime and a Tallboy LT).

train.jpg

log.jpg

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
hey Sumgy, how are you finding the Prime? Fair bit of bike to lug around after the Sheep. What you loose on the climbs- make up for everywhere else

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey Sumgy, how are you finding the Prime? Fair bit of bike to lug around after the Sheep. What you loose on the climbs- make up for everywhere else
JD
It is a heavy bike but it pedals and climbs really well.
The 11-36 cassette helps a bit too.
Yesterday I dont think I used the 36t at all.

Ackland

chats d'élevage

South Australian State XC Championships....

1st place Vets Men.... RIGID! (but geared)

#lapingrunge

Jaredp

Likes Dirt

South Australian State XC Championships....

1st place Vets Men.... RIGID! (but geared)

#lapingrunge

UCI and of course in tern CA age limits are ridiculous. Either you are the youngest looking "old guy" around or the vets needs to readdressed. :happy:

That and you hashtagged in a forum. No old guy does that.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
UCI and of course in tern CA age limits are ridiculous. Either you are the youngest looking "old guy" around or the vets needs to readdressed. :happy:

Vets is 30+
Masters 40+

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

No old guy knows what a hashtagged is, at least this one don't :noidea:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I need a new bike so I can enter Rigid, Geared, over 40's but under 50 category, then I'll be set for a podium. :)

Edit below - foiled again .......

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
If rigid SS over 40's was a category I would possibly podium every race in QLD.
I`m still holding out for Rigid SS Masters with Tag-along to be a category as per previous pic.
I tried entering the SS categories at a few races, but alas, none of the other 3 riders fell off so missed out on a podium again.
Stevob did better though.
Cheers.
MH

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
29ers are so uncool .. haha
i really like mine .. i done a couple of xc races on it .might not be the lightest but seem to do ok on it

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I`m still holding out for Rigid SS Masters with Tag-along to be a category as per previous pic.
I tried entering the SS categories at a few races, but alas, none of the other 3 riders fell off so missed out on a podium again.
Stevob did better though.
Cheers.
MH
That was the only time I've ever podiumed after pulling out of a race.:high5:

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
29ers are so uncool .. haha
i really like mine .. i done a couple of xc races on it .might not be the lightest but seem to do ok on it

BOOM .... best picture in this whole thread. Dipped 29er moto-whip + baggies = 1 XL can of awesome. Ill up that to 2 x cans if you confirm your clipped in.