Ride to Work Day - This Wednesday

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I got up 7:20 and was at work 7:22... so no need for a commute and we don't have any free breakfasts in my area that I can ride to.

Will just for a ride around midday and pretend I am doing my bit. :)

axertes

Likes Dirt
Yeah R2Wing today. And by work I mean Uni. Would be riding the 7kmish anyway, I'm just leaving 2 hours earlier to show support/get breakfast etc., and to represent the MTB contingent among all the roadies.

disfocus

Likes Dirt
Magda in Lycra

Apparently Our Magda was on the Today Show this morning in full lycra kit, apologising for her comments and getting ready to ride her bike (which she's 'always ridden') to work.
Just had a look on their website, but couldn't find the video.
Did anyone see it?

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
I was a cycle angel today and got to Fed square to have a bite to eat and a group pic. The chick at the RACV tent who sponsored the Angels asked if I was here to have a pic taken with Magda, to which I replied I am not comfortable with that. Luckily she wasnt around. Wasnt that keen to have my pic taken with her so she could feel better and get some positive PR!

Would you allow your pic to be taken with Magda? Would it matter if she looked more like Lara Bingle?

Good work to Gnarly for not freezing to death wearing short in the rain!

Slowpoke

Likes Dirt
I ride to work every day, but somehow never end up doing it on R2W day. Today i am sick. I took the car, dropped the loved ones off at work and school.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I rode to work in my dress today. I live 2k from work and have a fine ladies style bike with wicker baskets - front and rear.

Usually this is fine; often I ride in my dresses; however Sydney has been quite windy of late. Hellooo motorists! :p It is tricky to ride with your legs closed.

Instead of breakfast, my workplace handed out reflective ankle strips (I am currently wearing mine; the green clashes nicely with my red dress), shoelaces with the reflective strip in them and multi-colour pencils. It is different at least.

cressa

Likes Dirt
Fail

I attempted to ride the 15k's to my office today, as I do each wednesday, got to the halfway point and my non-drive-side crank arm fell off! Shit. Had to walk to a mates office leave the bike there and cab it the rest of the way.

I suck at National Ride to Work Day.

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Mine was a typically uneventful ride. Got to the brekky, had a bacon, egg, and sausage roll, group photo and off to class. Not that many people seemed to get involved though

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
Well I got up 7:20 and was at work 7:22... so no need for a commute and we don't have any free breakfasts in my area that I can ride to.

Will just for a ride around midday and pretend I am doing my bit. :)
Did the same today(like most days), thought I should ride around the block, but decided to do it after work at 5:02pm. :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I ride most days of the week but today I made an effort to go the most scenic route and enjoy the latest dust storm and 65035 knot winds. Over the last four years I have had a tail wind riding home on two ocassions. It makes you feel like a damn fast rider for when it isn't windy!;)
Good on those who got out and did it today who don't usually do it. I saw two extra people on my commute today and they were huffing and puffing big time! Good to see.

Jeeten

Squid
Totally forgot

Yeah. I was cycling past the Parramatta ride to work day, which they moved from last years location!! It used to be near the Brand Smart shopping centre, but was at the Park on church st across the road from a certain golden "M" and Blackmans Bicycle shop.

I cycled over only to find plenty of Daddies and Mummies or should I say more of a snr crowd. Good to see about 20 cyclists! Where are all the young cyclists in the Parramatta area? Hung over maybe or in the back seat of their cars near the stadium? This was a week day, but I think that wouldn't matter.

They look to be introducing the tricycle style cabs in Parramatta City, as there were on display. Small City so they should work fine, Sydney City they just hold up too much traffic! Good training!

:eek:

see you guys/gals on two wheels and a seat post up yahh...

igoy

Likes Bikes
free breakfast?

Ride to Work Day is on again this Wednesday with free breakfasts etc all over the place depending on where you are and where you are riding to/from etc.

If you don't normally ride to work(or school for those kiddies out there) is there better day to start?

So who's planning on riding and how far are you going to ride? Will you take a detour to gain a free breakfast or to burn it off??

Me I've been roped into riding with a few first timers which could be a test of my ability to ride stupidly slow - but if it gets more people to ride more often it can only be a good thing. :)
I bike to work everyday here in northern beaches, where to grab my free breakfast?:)