Riders Choice 6 Hour

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sunday sees the running of the Riders Choice 6 Hour at Jarrahdale, this will be my first MTB ride since moving to Perth. Are any other Farkiners riding the event, or have nay Farkiners ridden the Jarrahdale trails, I need to choose which bike to put together and which tyres to choose. Any suggestions?

The format over here seems a bit different to the format used in NSW. For the 6 hours laps completed before the end of 6 hours are counted, laps started before the end of the 6 hours, but completed after the 6 hour mark do not count.

Any help from people who know the course would be appreciated, especially regards to size/steepness of hills and roughness of the course. I'm thinking of riding the SS 29'er, even though I've done bugger all riding, and I've still got a bit of a chest infection.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, those pebbles are a different way of riding.

The course was great, approx 10's with plenty of singletrack, gentle climbs, lots of corners. It was a perfect singlespped course - I just wish I had used a bigger gear and , I didn't have a chest infection. Apart from that I pulled out after 5 laps after nearly coughing up my lung a couple of times during the lap.