Rides Near Mornington Peninsula

Anyone know of any trails in the Mornington Peninsula area in Vic.
I live in Frankston and usually ride Lysterfield, however it's difficult to get there after work and finish at a reasonable time. Something on the peninsula would be great for a quick blast after work
Cheers

Bob75

Squid
Frankston area tracks

G'day Renovator,
Been a while since I have looked at the forum.
I am in Bonbeach. I have explored the area a bit over the years.
You wont get the amount of trails and singletrack of Lysterfield, but there is still a bit around, especially if you ride at night.
-Langwarrin Flora and Fauna Reserve - mostly dual track/fireroad, little bit of singletrack should still be there.
-Railway lines near the reserve above - pretty open, but still dirt.
-Kananook and Seaford Foreshore, into urban ride along Frankston Foreshore boardwalks - we only ride this at night as too many pedestrians=not good for anyone. At night, they are pretty good fun.
-There used to be a bit along the old railway line to Mornington (around Wooralla Dve) - might still be worth exploring
-Seaford-Edithvale wetlands - little bits of basic singletrack and wide paths
-Then starts getting down to Mount Martha and beyond.

Hope the list helps a bit. Feel free to PM me if you need a bit more info, or can try to hook up for a ride if you want.
Cheers,
Bob.

early1

Likes Bikes
There was an article in Mountain bike Australia magazine 2 issues ago about single track on the peninsula. Were mostly around the red hill area, running parallel to roads. I haven't ridden them, but they sounded ok. Im pretty sure there is a mountain bike club based in Red Hill, look em up.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Bob, I ride the Langwarrin Fauna reserve on a fairly regular basis. Done the Kannanook creek track between Seaford and Frankston before but not for a long time now. I will try the Red Hill Club though, and I might try the Railway line from Wooralla drive if the track is still there
Again thanks for the responses

thenos09

Likes Bikes
redhill for sure. i ride there every week.

awesome downhill section. plus some cool trails beginner to intermediate.

its off boundary rd dromana. theres a fire trail called ians cutting.

so much bettter than lycrafield if u like jumps and drops and berms etc

Saffa

Likes Dirt
Really not a good idea to post the directions to the red hill trails on a public forum! Look up the history of the trails if you want to know why. Better to pm such information. Nobody wants the powers that be to close red hill down.

rhyno

Likes Dirt
Hey Renovator,

Red Hill Riders offer a few different paced rides every Sunday leaving from the Red Hill Primary School. Check out our front page (www.redhillriders.com) for details on where to park.
If your technical skill and fitness is pretty good, turn up at 8:00, otherwise 9:00 will see you on the easier ride.
You don't need to be a member to join in, but we do appreciate it ofter you have turned up for a few rides, as a lot of the funds raised through memberships goes to trail development.

Cheers,

Ryan