Riding around tathra/Bega area

dh1

Likes Dirt
Hi,

I am potentially looking to relocate from Wollongong to Tathra and was wondering what other trail networks there are around that area (within 1 hour drive) besides the well known network at tathra?
Is there anywhere with a bit more altitude for climbing and descents? I am very much used to riding mt keira (400m) and hoping for something similar...

Thanks,

Zeb.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Party Pooper
Staff member
There's a pretty good little trail network at Mogo, although that's about two hours from Tathra.

There was a fantastic flowing descent called Snake track which you could do over and over climbing a fire road to get back to the top, although I heard a rumour that that bit got logged; I haven't been down there for a few years now.

slimjim1

Likes Dirt
There's a pretty good little trail network at Mogo, although that's about two hours from Tathra.

There was a fantastic flowing descent called Snake track which you could do over and over climbing a fire road to get back to the top, although I heard a rumour that that bit got logged; I haven't been down there for a few years now.
Snake track is as good as its ever been, it's the rest of that loop that's deteriorated.

Not much elevation just riding that trail though, nor technical challenges. Great fun though