Riding in/around Loxton SA?

nampla

Likes Bikes
I will have a couple of days in Loxton - should I take a bike? Are there any trails there?

Last edited:

safreek

I lived there for a fair while, unless something had changed drastically there is nothing, not known for its hills and such, pretty flat.
There is an area behind the water tower that was known as thieles flats that we used to go bonnet surfing and doing donuts and such that if I remember correctly was fairly large in distance. Totally flat but sort of xcish, probs wouldnt bring anything long travel.
Unless the council's have gotten rich there are many sandy, corrugated dirt roads in the mallee area, towards taplan, nadda, meribah, if you do this bring water unless you like drinking out of troughs.
Some may say it has nothing to offer but mallee scenery is beautiful in my opinion. As a youngster I rode these roads sometimes on a racer, my opinion leave the roadie at home.
If you ride on the road around Loxton make sure you are tubeless with plenty of sealant in them, there is a massive amount of 3 corner jacks.
Used to be a few wankers in the town as well, but then I moved.
Good luck

safreek

I will have a couple of days in Loxton - should I take a bike? Are there any trails there?
So, what did you think of Loxton, did you have a dip in the river and all that.
I would love to go back there for a holiday but I was run out on a rail(almost)
Tolerance for fuckwits was low back then.
Maybe they are more forgiving now:cool:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
there is a massive amount of 3 corner jacks.

Good luck
God I remember those!!! Evil fukcers! Came from NZ to Loxton for a winery job. First ride tyres were both flat after less than 500m..... I pulled heaps of the bastards out. Went the shop and got 2 slime tubes. All good. That was mid 90s... Definitely no riding back then

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Haven't raced there yet, but have ridden the track. With no descents to recover on, it gives you a damn good work out.
Done the 3hr enduro 3-4 times but not in a few years now, though rode the track again a couple of months back. Very fast with a few techy sections, the blokes have done a good job with the track considering what they had to work with.... def worth a visit if you are in the area or passing through.

Though Loxton to Dareton is 170km.