Riding in the Centre

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
As far as a riding destination goes, Alice Springs doesn't usually conjure up thoughts of huge mountains, flowing downhill and freeride trails. Thats the exact reason i offloaded my DH rig and invested in an All Mountain ride (i couldnt bring my self to buy an XC bike!) when i moved from Tas up to here. For a lot of the tracks, an AM bike is a bit overkill, but there is still scope to play-up on the odd short downhill sections of the network of XC trails that skirt the outside of town.

There is already a HUGE XC following up here, BMX races most Friday nights, and the usual underground DJ crew around the place. But a few dedicated locals are making their own fun bringing DH/Freeride to the scene and milking every bit of gravity there is out of the hills around town.

Here's a small glimpse of the fun to be had Red Centre Style:

I hope its still ok to post links like this. Just a few to start, but more pics to come!.....

if anyone is interested i can post Exif data and a quick explanation of the photos later.

cheers.
-Bart-

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
Cheers,
Na, these were taken in jpg. i haven't really played around with raw much. Just for day-to-day photos the benefits of raw don't out weigh the file size if you ask me.
All these were edited in Lightroom, but the only changes were really to the contrast, blacks (shadows) and slight enhance of the colours. oh, also a graduated filter effect to bring out the shape of the clouds.

heres a couple more:

the same hip as the 2nd last pic from above.

The Blur effect was created by a fast 'zoom out' during exposure.

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
Here is some extras from the last few weekends out on the hill.

Joe on the last jump

Liam ripping the last berm to bits. - always wear a helmet kids!

Kym having a go at the same

Liam on the second to last corner

JP

Last edited:

D_Nine

Now I can put a face to the name,Kym. Looks like you are putting the Norco to good use ! Will try to chase up that fullface for you. Having had an experience with spinifex resulting in a couple of weeks of tweezer work , I'm surprised you guys don't ride in more armour ! Keep having fun, and excellent photography.

Kym Anderson

Likes Bikes
Now I can put a face to the name,Kym. Looks like you are putting the Norco to good use ! Will try to chase up that fullface for you. Having had an experience with spinifex resulting in a couple of weeks of tweezer work , I'm surprised you guys don't ride in more armour ! Keep having fun, and excellent photography.
Haha thanks guys I had no idea these were going up here. Most of the guys wear fullface helmets and shinnies but the weather here isn't armor friendly most of the year so singlets are the way to go. That helmet rocked up too and it's time to speed things up an get a bit faster on the bike.

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
what do you shoot with man?
I use a Canon 7D, with either a 10-22mm or 24-105mm lens, and obviously some post-processing done in Adobe Lightroom. its a good program that one!

Ha, yeh Kym, they are up here. and i sent them on to Liam for the Shifty site too!

Its usually pretty hot in armour up here, but after this weeks weather and my recent 'excursions' off the track, im armouring up as much as i can now! tho the razorblade rocks will probably make small work of any armour (or lack of), just ask JP about his arm!

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
epic shots man, the first one is my favourite or something. magazine-cover quality.

keep it up bro!