Riding near Forestville

Caeneus

Squid
Hey peoples,

Will be heading down for a short stay on the Northern Beaches next month coming from North Queensland. At this stage it looks like I'll be shacking up somewhere in Forestville and was wondering whether it's worth lugging the bike all the way down to hit the local trails. Will have the tribe with me so probably only going to be able to escape for a few hours each day so it would need to be reasonably close (ie under an hours travel time).

Other then Manly Dam is there anything else close to Forestville? Not really keen for full on downhill but anything All Mountain to XC would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

D_Nine

G'day, coming down to escape the wet ? Goodluck with that ! There is a fair bit of riding around the Cromer/Redhill area.Just keep an eye out for the moto's and the stupid amount of damage they have caused , you could loose a 4by in some of the holes.Also try the nobmob (Northern Beaches Mountainbikers) site they have a track map section of all the local stuff.Heaps of places still to have fun.

Caeneus

Squid
Yeah it's wet up here alright. Luckily I'm in Townsville just south of where the downpours are happening. We're getting just enough rain to make the trails tacky which is always a good thing. Thanks for the advice. I'll check out nobmob and see whats on offer.

jdog73

Likes Bikes
Hey peoples,

Will be heading down for a short stay on the Northern Beaches next month coming from North Queensland. At this stage it looks like I'll be shacking up somewhere in Forestville and was wondering whether it's worth lugging the bike all the way down to hit the local trails. Will have the tribe with me so probably only going to be able to escape for a few hours each day so it would need to be reasonably close (ie under an hours travel time).

Other then Manly Dam is there anything else close to Forestville? Not really keen for full on downhill but anything All Mountain to XC would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.
There are heaps of trails at Terry Hills also which is a 10 min drive from where you are staying. NOBMOB is a goer to check out local tracks with planty of info on offer. Might be worth placing a ride in the calendar on the site, there will be planty of crew around including myself that would be more than happy to show you around.

Caeneus

Squid
Thanks Jdog. Gave the nobmobs website a good looking over and there looks like plenty of ride options. Looks like the bike might make the trip.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Hi,
There is lots of riding to be had round Forestville, all with in riding distance. There's also Cascades in Belrose with various trails, Oxford Falls, apart from the downhill/freeride, there's also lots of single trails. Also, there are various/scenic bike trails for the whole family,,, so BRING the bikes !!!! :):):)

PIC1

Likes Dirt
Can someone pls pls tell me where all these trails are. I am sick of driving all the way up the mountains just to hit some great trails.

Likes Bikes
PIC1 jump on the Nobmob website pretty much all of the legal trails in sydney are on there. Redhill is definatly worth a ride as well as oxford falls. If you want to ride DJ you should hit up redhill, the grove ,castle cove and the pump track at Golden jubilee in turramurra.

PIC1

Likes Dirt
PIC1 jump on the Nobmob website pretty much all of the legal trails in sydney are on there. Redhill is definatly worth a ride as well as oxford falls. If you want to ride DJ you should hit up redhill, the grove ,castle cove and the pump track at Golden jubilee in turramurra.

thanks mate!
Ive been to Ox/Red Hill and got lost so not really keen on going again. Hahahha

Last edited: