Riding On The Naturestrip

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is a short Video of me riding along a naturestrip nearby.......

This nature strip has some jumps and burms upon it.

Click on the image to open the video. Please comment.

All Filming was done with a Canon Legria FS21.
All Editing was done in Sony Vegas Pro 9
All Filming was done by my 9yr old Brother (Will pass on comments)
All Riding was done by me(Yes i know the jumps are tiny and nothing spectacular but it's all there is close by unless i ride for 30 mins or catch a train for 30 mins then ride for 45mins to get to some proper DH, UNDERSTOOD NO FLAMING THE SIZE OF THE JUMPS:cool:)

Comments and Constructive Criticism Appreciated​

Attachments

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey it's like the third movie I've made what do you expect. Is it because the jumps are small?because in that case when I get round to filming at the youies you'll have something to watch that has proper riding. or is it the filming my brother is only 9. Editing I've just started. As I said constructive criticism. The reason I made the video was to get more familier with using Vegas.

Last edited:

gordonvale94

Likes Dirt
I had a bit of a chuckle at the full-face but the editing was great though, just need to get some better footage.

I think if you apply those same editing principals on a video with some bigger jumps it will be a knockout video.

Keep it up mate.

Cheers Kyle.

adman

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'd say the same thing. The fact that the whole movie was a guy on a reign jumping 2 tiny jumps on the grass outside his house, and hopping off the roots of a tree made it pretty boring really.

Even if you were going to make a movie about that sort of thing, you really need to keep things moving. Don't just shoot the same spot over and over again - I know it's hard on a nature strip but even so, try and find some other places to film.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a bit of a chuckle at the full-face but the editing was great though, just need to get some better footage.

I think if you apply those same editing principals on a video with some bigger jumps it will be a knockout video.

Keep it up mate.

Cheers Kyle.
Cheers, I really want to get into movie making so theres only improvement.
I only have a full face, i used to ride without a helmet on those jumps until i lost control and went head first into the gutter...:eek:
I have another video of some half decent downhill ready but it's for the video comp so i have to wait ill the 1st of December.

Yeah I'd say the same thing. The fact that the whole movie was a guy on a reign jumping 2 tiny jumps on the grass outside his house, and hopping off the roots of a tree made it pretty boring really.

Even if you were going to make a movie about that sort of thing, you really need to keep things moving. Don't just shoot the same spot over and over again - I know it's hard on a nature strip but even so, try and find some other places to film.
Yeah nothing else to film but i tried to get my brother to find some good angles. He did alright. Until the battery died....

.Luke.

Likes Dirt
Why bother?
It's good editing,but shit riding.
Are you going to be filming this weekend at youies?

Reece.

Likes Dirt
Better than him out praying walls and being a public nuisence (sp)
It actually makes me happy to see him out enjoying riding and having fun.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is off topic shit that is what pms or msn is for......

Oh and oskar I didn't film it. Only riding and editing. Will let my brother know what you think of the naturestrip;)

oh and Luke if I rmember you used to strugle to clear them:p

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
This is off topic shit that is what pms or msn is for......

Oh and oskar I didn't film it. Only riding and editing. Will let my brother know what you think of the naturestrip;)

oh and Luke if I rmember you used to strugle to clear them:p
Good work on the editing, get some better riding and it would look great.
As well as what other people have said about not having the same location over and over :D