Rigid fork that for 20mm axle hub?

Binaural

Eats Squid
I'm thinking of setting up my street bike with a rigid fork to help my trials moves. I currently have a Pike fork on my street/trials bike, and since I don't want to get a spare front wheel the fork must accept 20mm axles. Since this is for trials I'd also like it to be as light as possible. Any ideas? The only vaguely decent fork that matches this description is this, but it looks like a bit of a brick.

Jimmy401

Likes Dirt
yer trailblades are pure sex, they are solid strong and light, very nice also check out the funn 20mm ridgids, erm what else, ill have a think and get back to you. but either of those to would be a great option.

tonas

Likes Dirt
Mmmmm..... thats a tough one Binaural.

The DMR Trailblade II 20mm fork will weigh roughly the same as your current set of Pikes (around the 2kg mark), which I find unnecessarily heavy for trials application. Same goes for the Funn 20mm rigid fork.

I think your answer may be found with a front hub change. There are multiple light weight QR rigid forks available, with many well suited to trials/street riding. Is this a possibility...?

It may also help if you are able to let others know what frame are you looking to use as your base...?

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
You know that you can lock the pikes don't you? No need for a rigid fork really.......

Last edited:

Andrew.F

Likes Dirt
jeff leonsky (sp) can do trials on his stp which had pikes now argyles so i mean if you lock them off they would be remotly similar to ridgids.

Binaural

Eats Squid
You know that you can lock the pikes don't you? No need for a rigid fork really.......
I know I can lock them off but I was curious about whether any lighter 20mm axle options were available if I decided to get into competitive trials.

Thanks for your input everyone, but looks like I am out of easy options :(

Macbeth

NSWMTB
If you decide to get into competitive trials chuck those 20mm axle things in the bin, then set that bin on fire.....

If I were you, I would probably just run the Pike locked. A rigid fork that heavy isn't really gonna help much and will only hinder the other stuff you wanna do on the bike..... Nose manuals will be easier though :D

Rik

logged out
Another thing to note is any rigid fork with 20mm axle will also have a tall (as in 5" fork tall) axle-to-crown measurement. Whilst this may be good in keeping your bikes angles close to spec, I can't imagine it'd help for hopping around.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I seem to remember a trials company bringing out a 20mm fork. Can't remember the deatils though:confused:

A 400mm rigid on the doc(?) would be great for the head angle, don't know what it would do for the BB height though.

jonus

Squid
Have you looked to see if you can get a axle converter for your hub. Many hubs are now able to be converted between QR and 20mm with just some spacers.

skivi

Likes Dirt
i have some funn stiffy 20mm axel rigids. look them up mate ;)
i think i paid $175 new for them from PUSHI (melb, now closed down) very nice fork, i dont ride trials but i do ride street.