Rigid One vs Ryde

notobe

Likes Dirt
Ok, im not sure if this is the right forum but oh well help me out.

Im fairly new to the Mountain Biking scene, ive got an Apollo bike which i just huck off stuff and everything, but now im getting more serious and id like a new bike. It will mainly be for Freeriding and Dirt Jumping and ive come to the decsion its either the KHS - Rigid One or the Norco Ryde.

Since i dont know all to much about mountain biking yet ive come to yous to tell me the Pros and Cons and which one you think would be suitable for me.

Ta

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
norco ryde has better parts cept for the fork and the rigid one frame is hoooge. catch is, the suntour fork on it sucks.

G

The ryde doesnt have disc tabs on the frame either. There for preventing u from running discs later on if u wish
The KHS RIDGID ONE is a nice bike for dirtjumping and skate park and street but if ur doing drops and stuff u need suspension

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you'd wanna be at least 6ft to ride the rigid one, for jumping and stuff it would get in the way..

I just had a look at the ryde.. it looks sick for a cheap bike, i mean really sick, that would be an awesome jumpin, street, muckin about bike. Get that then save for a DJ3 and a 6" avid disc on the front and you'll be golden, GOLDEN i say!

look at this thing! what's the retail BTW?

fastrider gus

super huck
get the ryde dude!!!
3pc cromos, and that frame looks just like the old 125cc.. that is one awesome bike for the cashish. the forks should last you a while if you are just starting out but after a while i would upgrade. that looks like it would be a perfect starters bike.. the KHS isnt anything too flash either. KHS dont realy have the best reputation for strong bikes..
big up the norco..

Ryan

Radministrator
Yeah, about $1000 for the ryde. Unless you're a big, tall mofo you're not going to find the Rigid One much good for anything. It's too big for a DJ / Park / DH bike and too heavy to be a trailbike. Plus it's a KHS, eeeeeew. No educated rider has an excuse for buying a KHS.
The ryde looks like a sweet bike for the money and if you're still learning, the forks should last you a while too.
Go the ryde.

G

the norco is nice for a beginner bike

Whats wrong the the khs tho? i thought it would be a prime djer

notobe

Likes Dirt
Ahhh nice guys, thanks i guess ill probably get the Ryde, its $999 at bikes.com.au but ill ring around some local bike shops and go and visit a few. thanks for your help and yea im only about 5ft so the Rigid One is probably to big.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fastrider gus said:
get the ryde dude!!!
3pc cromos, and that frame looks just like the old 125cc..
it is last years 125, the only difference this year is the 5" suntour fork :?

CHEWY

Eats Squid
andrew said:
fastrider gus said:
get the ryde dude!!!
5 inch suntour, thats gotta be quality :?
go the ryde, khs would be way to big for u and the 02 125's were good bikes

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
andrew said:
fastrider gus said:
get the ryde dude!!!
5 inch suntour, thats gotta be quality :?
go the ryde, khs would be way to big for u and the 02 125's were good bikes
The suntour fork is great! We had 4 of us at the LBS standing there, bouncing it, trying to bottom it... we never managed to!

G

thats gotta be a good sign :?

hehe nah the ryde is a sick beginers bike good luck

BTW FUZZY HAS BECOME HARDCORE :lol: 8)