Rim width?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
That's a bonus and a good backup plan. $350 for that wheelset is a steal!
I thought so too. Definitely the cheapest option I think. If I'd had to replace the spokes to put my dts to new wider rims I would have spent more than $350 on rims and spokes alone.

DMan

I spoke too soon. CRC can't supply the front. I ordered them separately because the front was on backorder. Stupid stupid me... Rear is on it's way though!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I spoke too soon. CRC can't supply the front. I ordered them separately because the front was on backorder. Stupid stupid me... Rear is on it's way though!!
...and so began DMan's quest to establish another wheel standard in mountain bikes.

mms_img-580522141.jpg

DMan

Well to get me out of trouble I bought a Hope Tech DH front wheel. 28mm. It will mean I'll be running a 32 on the front and 28 on the back so hopefully it doesn't look to naf...

Z

Zaf

Well to get me out of trouble I bought a Hope Tech DH front wheel. 28mm. It will mean I'll be running a 32 on the front and 28 on the back so hopefully it doesn't look to naf...
I'm usually a nitpicker for small details like making rubber decals line up with valve cores and such. I don't think I've ever gone so far as to actually count, or even take note, of spoke counts between front and rear unless it was something I was actively purchasing. Party foul on the mismatched wheels though, at least get a pair of HopeTechs and be matchy!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This would just cause my brain to implode.

DMan

I'm usually a nitpicker for small details like making rubber decals line up with valve cores and such. I don't think I've ever gone so far as to actually count, or even take note, of spoke counts between front and rear unless it was something I was actively purchasing. Party foul on the mismatched wheels though, at least get a pair of HopeTechs and be matchy!
I think this will test my OCDness but unfortunately I've got a rear wheel coming and no front now. And I've looked EVERYWHERE for an ARC30 and can't find anything. This hope was cheap really for what it is. I'll get a Hope rear down the track if need be...

Flow-Rider

Burner
I would have tried to find some cheap rims and spokes.

Beginning of this year this I built a complete set of 26" 30mm internal for just over $400 for my DJ bike.

Stan's Flow M3 Rims from Hi Bike 145 euro delivered about $214 Au

Spokes Dt swiss comp silver from bike24 54 euro delivered about $80 au

Got some new old stock Dabomb hubs from flee bay with a steel rear freehub & front hub 15mm or QR for just over a $100 delivered.

I ended up getting some adaptors for $10 to suit a 20mm axle for the front.

I had to wait for a month to get the rims because they were pre ordered from the manufacturer.
It's labour intensive to complete a quality job on a wheelset but it's a labour of love and you can say "I assembled these".

Everything is easy in hind sight, you know how it goes. :behindsofa:

SDA

Likes Dirt
I'm also running some EX471s in 29er guise. I'm probably 95kgs and like to smash through s$@t. I've found them solid and far less dent and scratch prone than the Stans Flows I was running previously. They were hand built. I'd only change to get the same thing but wider ;)
Great to hear you're still enjoying the wheels!!

SDA

Likes Dirt
I'd personally be going 471 on the rear and 511 up front as my go to setup.
Agree with this... depending on your preferred rear tyre. Running XM481's now (30mm internal) with a Bonty SE3 on the rear which is great because of its round profile. But a 30mm rim on the rear rules out a lot of tyres... and on the front to a smaller extent.

Just replaced the original 23mm internal hoops for CRC customs. Mavic EN627's laced to Hope EVPro 4's.
27mm internal width and lost 100 & 150g, and now able to run the Maxxis Agressors 10psi lower without rolling the tyre. Best mod I have done and only $589

DMan

Just replaced the original 23mm internal hoops for CRC customs. Mavic EN627's laced to Hope EVPro 4's.
27mm internal width and lost 100 & 150g, and now able to run the Maxxis Agressors 10psi lower without rolling the tyre. Best mod I have done and only $589
Sweet. I'll be 28/27mm. I'll be happy with a few PSI difference. It's stiffness at those lower PSI I'm hoping for...